5 days ago - req29091
Technical Expert Engineer DUV
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
Are you challenged by providing the best service solutions on complex systems? Do you have hands-on experience and good analytical skills, complemented with a technical background? We are looking for people like you to join our Competence Engineering Expert group.
The Competence Engineering Expert Groups are part of the Customer Support (CS) DUV Engineering department. The mission of the department is to deliver the perfect service solutions for the ASML scanners & products, improve the effectiveness of our Maintenance, Install and Relocations operations in the field while reducing the costs.
You will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations all around the world and ASML Headquarters. You enable global collaboration to secure the CS long term ambitions. As a CS competence expert, you are responsible for the completeness and quality of service solutions which are required to diagnose, repair, recover and upgrade ASML DUV systems installed in our customers’ fabs worldwide. You function as the technical interface between CS local organizations and ASML Headquarters. You enable global collaboration to secure the CS long term ambitions.
In addition, you combine in-depth technical knowledge with actual field experience to achieve worldwide best service practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will partner with the ASML’s key sectors Development & Engineering (D&E), Manufacturing and Supply Chain. Your awareness of the environment in which your field service colleagues perform maintenance and upgrade, enables you to identify the gaps in our services and drive solutions for field issues within the CS team. This requires you use your engineering skills to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. Moreover, you deliver the end-user feedback to improvement projects in Veldhoven.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues and solutions rollout. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions, parts and tools) and sharing knowledge.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Build & maintain technical expertise for your competence area (e.g. Software, Metrology, Sensors or Optics, flow & temperature, control, wafer stage)
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field.
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
- Facilitate and maintain a global competence network.
- Participate in projects across departments to enable future CS roadmaps and act as subject matter expert. Topics could be outside your competence area but will be mainly on tools and processes used within CS.
- Bring VOC towards central teams in Veldhoven (and or Wilton, USA).
Work together with Architect Interface team with:
- In-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers
- Quantification of the impact of structural issues on the operational targets
- Definition of solutions for the Field organization on a technical level
Higher Technical College or (Technical) University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Industrial engineering, Production/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or other relevant engineering areas.
At least 3 years of (technical) work experience. More working experience is a welcome plus
- To be flexible but result driven. To enjoy a rapidly changing environment in which constant prioritizationof tasks is key.
- To enjoy working with various stakeholders both worldwide and cross competencies.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative
- Analytical skills
- To have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (post-COVID)
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair, relocation and upgrades as well ascontinuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. Also we are transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
What we offer:
- A young and ambitiousenvironment where personal development stands central.
- Large degree of freedom andindependence within your job.
- Large responsibility in theprojects and teams in which you will be involved.
- International workingenvironment, both within Veldhoven and worldwide at our local offices
When applying, please upload both a resume (English) and motivation letter (English) for this specific position
Here are some links you can follow to better understand what ASML is about: