Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req29106
EUV Tech Support Engineer (CO2 Drive Laser) - TSMC
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform qualification, repair and maintenance for the customers within the specific region.
The Job Mission involves being an essential part of a new site start-up Customer Support team for TSMC as they build their first high tech fab just north of Phoenix, Arizona. Members of this team will leave for assignment in Taiwan in order to learn the technical, operational, and cultural differences of the customer and local ASML organization. Once the assignment is complete, the team will locate in Phoenix, Arizona to provide top notch service for TSMC as they start-up and ramp their production to HVM in the United States.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a member of the EUV Tech Support team, the Tech Support Engineer (TSE) is responsible for providing technical expertise to the Fab Support team and Customer during machine issue escalations, complex repair execution, and sequence preparation. The TSE drives issue resolution and provides structural follow-up in order to improve ASML procedures and ways of working at local sites. The TSE is also responsible for monitoring machine health parameters in effort to prevent unscheduled downtime.
- Ensure all service actions are performed in a safe environment and drive towards a proactive culture of safety first.
- Efficiently solve machine issues by collaborating with local support teams, the customer, and global support groups.
- Provide flexible in-fab support as needed for new, specialized, or complex repair actions with first-time right attitude.
- Support the Fab and Planning team in complex service action sequence creation and review.
- Share knowledge and cross-train others in order to gain organizational flexibility and self-sufficiency.
- Perform data analysis and proactive monitoring to prevent unscheduled downs.
- Develop and implement best-known-methods to drive optimized shift-to-shift performance.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review, and improvement rollout.
- Understand and drive continuous improvement towards ASML’s performance and cost KPI targets.
- Present data-driven summaries to the customer, including problem statement, root cause, and solution with timeline.
- Provide timely feedback to customer questions in a clear, professional manner.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including shift/team passdown, service orders, system health and monthly reports on an independent basis.
Competency: The holder of this position will be responsible for Trumpf CO2 Drive Laser components used for generating and transmitting high-powered laser pulses to the Source Vessel for EUV plasma generation. This position will require specialized diagnostic and HW skillsets in order to narrow down machine issues, replace critical components, and qualify system within set timelines. In this role, you will cross-train and work closely with the Source and Trumpf Engineers.
The holder of this position reports to the EUV Tech Support Manager and provides indirect and direct support to customers, and direct escalation and technical support to operations.
B.S. in Engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Engineers with ASML EUV lithography experience or semiconductor industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of mechatronics, optics, vacuum components, semiconductor processes, and relevant software.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Position requires an assignment in Taiwan to learn the technical, operational, and cultural differences of the TSMC customer and local ASML organization. Upon completion, the team will locate in Arizona to support TSMC at their new site.
- Position requires up to 40% travel, and the willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to travel in US and internationally.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability