30+ days ago - req29169
Optical Research Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML’s Research Group in Wilton CT is seeking a Physicist/Engineer with experience in optical engineering. The candidate will work on the development of evolutionary designs as well as novel designs of optical/photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography and/or metrology tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical and electro-optical components, fiber optics, mechatronics, electronics and signal processing modules. The systems include custom software and software functions. Understanding the various components and their relation to the sensor performance is of fundamental importance.
The job description below defines the ideal set of qualifications for the position.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Key components of this position are:
- Using Physics, Mathematics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor system as well as its function in the lithography tool or metrology tool to model, design and de-bug new and existing sensors in complex evolving environments.
Desired skills in the candidate are:
- Optical modeling and data analysis and evaluation.
- Wave propagation and diffraction modeling.
- Polarization optics and polarization modeling.
- Image processing and pattern recognition.
- Optical and physics Simulation in Matlab and other suitable languages and design tools.
- Data processing and visualization with Matlab.
- Building and aligning complex sensors using techniques like collimation and interferometry.
- Test stand design and build: concept, error budget, realization.
- Nominal travel might be required (~ 10%) to Europe, Asia, and/or within the US.
PhD in Optics, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, with an emphasis on a subset of the following: optical systems, photonics, lasers, integrated optics, optical simulation, or equivalent experience.
- PhD research work related to optics, optical systems, physics, optical modeling and/or integrated optics.
- Hands on Optical system assembly, optical alignment, testing and qualification. Breadboard setups and experiment design and analysis experience.
- Expertise with design, optical tolerancing and modeling.
- Working knowledge with diverse optical devices and sensors: objectives, collimation and relay optics, fibers, cameras and detectors.
- The candidate must have the capacity to work alongside engineers, leaders and technicians to execute activities related to complex tests, hardware related simulations and designs and builds including testing and data gathering. Effective communication of findings, ideas andresults to peers and managers.
- The candidate must have expertise in troubleshooting complex problems on complex systems. Develop and debug algorithms and software in Labview and MATLAB.
- The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing investigations to managers and to customers; Candidate will be required to write reports documenting investigations carried out.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability