16 days ago - req29296
Sr. System Test Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The DUV software group is looking for a talented Sr. System Test Engineer with experience in, and passion for, these technologies.As a Sr. System Test Engineer, you would be involved in qualifying new test tools (both hardware and software) and support deployment of those tools to the final user.
As a member of the engineering team, the Sr. System Test Engineer supports the transition of test tools to the Engineering and Manufacturing teams, and to the suppliers. This includes qualification of new test tools, development of test procedures and user manuals, and training / knowledge transfer to the final users.In addition, the Sr. System Test Engineer troubleshoots test hardware and qualifies test process and equipment, and writes specifications and procedures for new test equipment.
- Participates in the test tools requirements generation process.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans for new test tools.
- Qualifies LabVIEW applications and the equipment (test hardware/interfaces) running the applications.
- Executes test plans following the DUV Software Development process.
- Writes test procedures and user manuals for new test tools.
- Provides training to the final users of the test tools. Final users include Manufacturing, Engineering and Suppliers personnel.
- Participates in the test tool release process.
- Travels to supplier facilities as needed to introduce new test tools or perform maintenance activities on existing test tools.
- Troubleshoots test equipment and proposes solutions to equipment problems.
- Interfaces with Supplier Chain Engineers to support the introduction of new test tools at the Suppliers facilities.
- Contributes to the design of new test tools. Participates in design review meetings.
- Gathers information from drawings, specifications and electrical schematics necessary to develop tests and documentation.
- Collects data, analyzes it, summarizes results, and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Interfaces with software and electrical engineers to ensure successful software and hardware integration.
- Collects data on problems and issues and feeds that back to the development teams for implementation of root cause solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and five more years of progressive experience in devising and implementing test plans.
- Desired experience in programming: MatLab, LabVIEW, Python or other scripting languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to trace hardware connectivity issues and troubleshoot Data Acquisition systems.
- Ability to use standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, signal generators and power meters.
- Ability to use optical measurement devices such as spectrometers, spectrophotometers and imaging setups.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to logically think through issues and be able to trace problems and implement quickly creative solutions.
- Ability to define and carry out test procedures, improving them (if possible), or move them into the test automation framework.
- Ability to define and carry out installation procedures and accurate record keeping of configurations.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability