30+ days ago - req29226
Technical Graduate Program – Software Engineering (C++, Embedded)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Start your career in a dynamic, international environment. By joining ASML, you’ll be part of a world class, market leader organization for the high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions in the semiconductor industry. We are a global company with 70 offices spanning 16 different countries. Working location for this program will be at our headquarter in Veldhoven (Netherlands), close to Eindhoven.
Our employees are our most important assets and therefore we invest in your career development. When you apply you don’t just apply for a job but for a career within ASML. By joining our program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a software career at ASML.
With our Technical Graduate Program, you get the opportunity to join our software cluster and bring your best ideas to a global collaboration. By applying to this program you are going to be considered for multiple vacancies where your background in software could be a perfect fit.
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.We’re ranked eighth in the global FutureBrand Index, which is based on the PwC Global Top 100 Companies.
Software engineering is the number 1 priority for ASML, therefore our focus is on developing reliable, complex computer science solutions. The mission of our departments is to ensure the delivery of integrated embedded software engineering solutions that support the business success of ASML with the agreed quality, cost and in-time.
We have a community of over 12.000 technical experts – C++ Developers, Software Architects, as well as Software Engineering Specialists in other programming languages. As a Software Design Engineer you will provide software solutions that enable the EUV & DUV business lines to create products that meet our customer needs within the agreed quality, costs and timing boundaries.
We have multiple software design engineering positions within our software cluster for recent graduates with a software background. Please note that this program does not offer job rotation, you will be hired in a full time paid job in the best matching function. In general, as a junior Software Design Engineer:
- You are happy to make things work and to build great applications which are at the core of our complex lithography machines
- You will be responsible for writing clean and highly functional code for several stages of our machines such as the lenses or the wafer stages
- You enjoy seeing things move by the code that you generate, regardless if you have to write code in C, C++ or Python – to you, the results count
- You will be responsible for creating clear specifications, making efficient design choices and implementing the design, ensuring a high level of Customer satisfaction, which is the number one driver for ASML and thus for every software developer
- You will design, analyze, document and test the required software specifications
- You will use C/C++, Python, object oriented design programming and Linux within a highly complex embedded environment
- You will work in a multidisciplinary environment, involving physics, mechatronics, electronics, customer support and factory departments
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- You completed your education less than 9 months ago or you will graduate within January 2022
- Maximum of 12 months of relevant working experience
- Key competencies for this role are C and/or C++
- Experience in these elements is a plus: UML, real-time applications, Python, VxWorks, Matlab, Unix/Linux
- Solid software engineering knowledge: Agile, Scrum, UML, OOP, design patterns
We are not looking only for the right technical skills and experience, but also for all-round great colleagues. Thus, to succeed you should also:
- Be a team player, working for your team’s, and the company’s success
- Be flexible so you can meet changing requirements
- Have a problem-solving mindset and can do mentality
- Be quality-driven
- Be creative and innovative, and be keen to cover new ground
- Be hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic
- Be able, and inclined, to think critically. You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution
- Be detail-oriented
- Be passionate about robotics
- Speak and write fluently in English
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the development of ASML products. Within this sector the departments Embedded Software Common & DUV (ESCD) and Embedded Software EUV (ESE) are responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the software of the complex lithographic machines.
ASML creates high tech machines; software engineers from ESCD and ESE are facing several aspects of motion control, production control, data management and interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.
At ASML, we recognize that, to attract and retain top talent, we need to offer industry-topping conditions. So here’s what we offer:
- A contract of one year, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after that
- A highly attractive compensation-and-benefits package that includes:
- A competitive salary
- 40 days’ paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (with shorter working hours)
- Payment of a 13th month
- 8% holiday allowance
- A pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A close-knit network of other recent graduates and colleagues
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A supportive environment in which you can experiment with what you are learning
In addition, if you have to move to the Netherlands, we offer help with relocation. That includes temporary housing, moving services for furniture and other belongings, and a relocation budget for the various costs associated with the move.
The selection process
The selection process comprises a number of steps:
Apply with your resume and motivation letter before Sunday September 19, 2021, at 23:59 CEST.
We will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process within one week from the application deadline.
The first round consists of an online pre-recorded interview and a software test. The candidates matching our selection criteria will be invited to answer to few pre-set questions and your software skills will be tested by some pre-defined questions.
- Selection day
If you get through the first application round, you will be invited to our selection day. Because of COVID-19 restrictions, this event will be fully online. The selection day will be on Tuesday the 12th of October 2021.
- Job offer
Shortly after the selection day, we will let you know whether you have gained a place in the Program.
A fuller picture
To get a sense of what it’s like working at ASML, check out this short video, which gives a picture of the company through the eyes of four young professionals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
If you have any questions, please send us an email at [email protected], with “Query about the Program for Young Software Professionals” in the subject line.
U.S. controlled technology
Please note that these positions require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.