19 days ago - req29397
Firmware Engineer for Sensor and Light Source Applications
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by the FPGA Firmware embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and experience in the design of FPGA FW systems? We might be looking for you!
As an FPGA Firmware Designer, your mission is to define, realize and maintain the realization of FPGA Firmware designs that belong to ASML’s company-internal library. This library is used to create and maintain electronics that is embedded in the ASML products.
The FPGA Designer is responsible for the following:
- Participate as an FPGA Firmware designer in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Define and document requirements for the FPGA Firmware designs.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions.
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfies the requirements.
- Solve IP-block related problems and manage problem resolution during first system integration.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ Years of Experience in the architecture and design of programmable logic (experience in the use of the VHDL design language is a strong plus).
- Technical knowledge of Programmable Logic but also digital hardware design in general.
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Ability to convince others of certain design choices based on arguments.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Capable of guiding junior firmware designers and technically manage outsourcing of firmware work.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Takes ownership in case of issues.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The Designer FPGA Designer reports to the group leader Electronics or delegated team leader.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.