22 days ago - req29358
IT - Core IT Asia Workplace Manager - Linkou
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs
and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means that the demand is high, also for our employees despite that ASML offers an environment with unique possibilities to learn, to grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.
Position in the organization
This is a permanent position in the IT Asia regional organization. The IT Asia WorkPlace Manager is working within the IT Asia region reporting to the IT Asia regional manager and will work closely with Country IT Managers within Asia and the other IT WorkPlace counterparts in Netherlands and United State.
Lead a team of onsite service engineers to conduct first and second line IT support ASML user base across Asia. You will be accountable for KPI’s in the area of customer service and operational excellence. Your area of responsibility includes the lifecycle management of user pc/laptop, accessories, and telephony devices.
• Execute global workplace projects in Asia region
• Manage end user services, including end-point devices,
telecommunication, printing, audio and video solutions, ABW (activity?based workplace) environment (monitor arms and docking) and virtual desktop, mobile phone service
• Tightly working with Asia Infra Manager for back end infrastructure affecting front end services
• Pro-active communication to regional stakeholders on global project initiatives, status, and roadmap (travel required)
• Keep abreast with latest technology developments, relevant literature, means and methodsCompany Secret
• Control financial budget and forecasting
• Adopt best practices for IT Service Management processes
• To be a change agent to lead process improvement and Agile transformation
Academic level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
US or Europe education will be plus
• At least 7 years’ experience as IT Manager and 10+ years of experience in other business and IT roles
• Experienced in managing service desk in multi-national corporations
• Knowledge on ITIL and Agile way of working highly desired
• Previous Hands-on experience as service desk technician a plus
• Experience within a similar industry (semiconductor, aviation, railway or space) is a plus.
• US or Europe working experience is strong plus
• Excellent English language proficiency is a MUST
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Good team player with strong leadership skills
• Ability to balance between long term vision and act now
• Acts decisively and leads projects to results. Is pro-active and takes initiative also beyond own area of expertise;
• Takes responsibility and demonstrates ownership. Understands and consistently questions the status quo and analyzes existing processes for improvement based on knowledge and experience;
• Thinks broadly and is able to see the big picture. Thinks beyond own organization in order to leverage new insights; takes on a holistic perspective on issues and considers user community in doing so;
• Ability to formulate clear expectations and delegate tasks in a systematic way according to individual capacity and capabilities and potential;
• Ability to evaluate team behavior at all levels. Selects the right team members and develops, engages and coaches in a goal-oriented way to fulfill individuals’ needs and achieve team goals;
• Communicates clearly, concisely and directly to peers, users as well as managers. Listens actively, shows empathy in dealing with others and strives to achieve a shared understanding of own and others' tasks, issues and goals. Strong stakeholder focus and excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Verbal and non-verbal communication transmitting a sense of urgency, to be on top and in control;
• Ability to apply process thinking, process design and process improvement methodologies to generate significant, measurablebenefits; Company Secret
• Open minded, creative when handling problems independently, commitment and flexibility. Practical and being able to think outside of the box.
• Manages criticism, shows convincing behavior and strong change management;
• Good customer focus and customer facing skills
• Project management training/experience/certification
• Out-going personality with people networking skills, ability to influence without power