14 days ago - req29331
Matlab design engineer for defectivity metrology
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics, Chemistry & materials science
At ASML, next to the scanners, a lot of data is generated by wafer and reticle inspection equipment which range from scatterometers to scanning electron microscopes. To develop, optimize and qualify ASML scanners, the data originating from various defectivity metrology equipment requires extensive analysis. To this end, ASML makes use of proprietary software tooling, which has been created and maintained using Matlab.
To be completed As a Matlab design expert you will work on wafer and reticle related defectivity metrology. You will develop and optimize software tooling and use this tooling to analyse the data and document the results.
Based on your output, further optimization of both the operational parameters and / or scanner hardware will be proposed. You will challenge metrology equipment suppliers of ASML to get the most out of their products. You will optimize software tooling to find potential flaws in the equipment. You will be supporting the integration of defectivity equipment and software to the factory.
This work will be in a dynamic environment; your deliverables and the boundary conditions are changing at a high-pace. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams, together with other departments and sectors within ASML. Analytical skills as well as imagination and creativity will be needed to deal with various challenges. You need to be assertive and self-propelling, while also being a team player. You should be able to build on the knowledge and help from other specialists within the ASML community.
- We are looking for an all-round engineer, who will participate in:
Development of analysis software tools (in Matlab).
- Data analysis to understand and optimize the defectivity inspection equipment.
- Validation, setup and integration of the metrology equipment in the factory.
- Supporting customer and factory issues and escalations.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D in Computer Science/Engineering/Physics/Mathematics/Statistics is preferred.
- B.Sc. applicants with specialization in data science / algorithm development/ machine learning track and/or extensive relevant industry experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Working experience is required
- Extensive knowledge of programming and deployment of algorithms with Matlab is mandatory
- Statistics and/or knowledge on design of experiments is a plus
- Affinity with Scanning Electron Microscopy and other inspection/review equipment is a plus
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry and/ or ASML scanners is a nice-to-have.
- Extensive experience and proven track record in Matlab programming. Note: this will be tested during the job interview by means of a 30-minute case.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Pragmatic, innovative, highly committed and flexible.
- Willingness to work in cleanroom environment (~20%).
- Willingness to travel to ASML customers and suppliers (ad hoc basis).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.