7 days ago - req29376
Mechanical Architect Source Tooling
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is hiring!
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment?
Your mission as an ASML Mechanical Architect is to think – conceptually and creatively.
Because we need people who can translate extremely exotic requirements into extremely feasible mechanical designs.
Creative thinking has always been essential at ASML. We make machines that are almost unimaginably complex, and work within incredibly minute tolerances. What’s more, their complexity is increasing and their tolerance margins are vanishing. That’s why we need Mechanical Architects who can conceive a globalview that answers all of these technical challenges. A view that, when detailed-out, will help realize a machine that meets all of the next wave of new requirements - and still be feasible to manufacture, transport, install and service.
The core mission of this job is to deliver mechanical/mechatronic architecture for manufacturing and servicing tooling for the source module. These architectures enable the optimal functionality and are cost effective.
The Source-Tooling architect has the overview over the complete toolset for the source module, and sets the technical direction for development of source-tools, this entails:
- Creation and investigation of mechanics/mechatronics concept design for tooling. Discuss with projects and sectors. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
- Investigate manufacturability and serviceability. Creation of manufacturing and service flow leading to tooling concept. Validate with RAMS specifications.
- Validate concept on requirements regarding transportability and service at customer site.
- Definition of tooling volumes. Monitor that projects stay within agreed volumes. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups.
- Contribute to system roadmaps.
- Coaching and training on the job of mechanical/mechatronics engineers in the team.
- Ensure proper competence management within the group, teaming up with the mechatronics competence within the department Development & Engineering.
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts or large complex modules – preferable experience with manufacturing and service tools for these large complex modules.
- Covering all aspects like layout, manufacturability, serviceability, transportability, install, performance, etc...
- Familiar with modern mechanical development tools like FEM, tolerance analysis, 6-sigma thinking.
- Basic knowledge of thermal management, and tooling in a cleanroom environment is a pre.
- Familiar with NX (or other 3D design tool).
- Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking.
- Helicopter view.
- Effective communication with all levels and disciplines.
- Clear and structured way of reporting.
- Build and maintain networks throughout the organization and with suppliers.
- Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas
Context of the position
You will be part of the MDEV Source tooling team, and will work closely with the MDEV product owner, who is end-responsible for setting priorities (although delegation of those responsibilities is possible). You will support a set of project leaders / solution owners tooling development. This is a vacancy for a conversion-flex position.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.