29 days ago - req29307
Optical Design Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML’s YieldStar Sensor Group in Wilton CT is seeking a Physicist/Engineer with preference to optical engineering to support and develop optical/photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical and electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing software functioning as a key sub-system in ASML optical metrology tool. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system and understanding the interaction with the rest of the metrology tool and the measurement process is of fundamental importance.
The job description below defines the ideal set of qualifications for the position.
The activity in this job will involve contribution for the design and realization of complex optical sensors in the following areas:
- Based on system requirement, contribute to design solutions and trade-offs
- Take ownership of the detailed design activity of part of the system.
- Contribute to tolerancing and error budgeting activities
- Contribute to alignment and build sequence development of optical system
- Contribute to the qualification of the optical system
- The candidate must have clear technical communication and presentation
- Nominal travel might be required ( ~ 15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on optical system, photonics and data analysis and trending.
- PhD preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience to solve complex optical sensor design and realization problems ( PhD can substitute for experience)
- Experience designing and tolerancing optical systems using tools such as: CODEV, ZEMAX and FRED
- Experience building and aligning optical system
- Experience with data processing and analysis to debug and identify performance issues in optical systems
Test stand design and build: concept, error budget, realization
- Working knowledge with diverse optical devices and sensors: objectives, collimation and relay optics, fibers, cameras and detectors
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Onsite presence in Wilton, CT campus is required.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability