30+ days ago - req29309
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Mechanical Constructions)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to get mechanical issues solved? Are you dreaming to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of designer in Mechanical Constructions at ASML could be the perfect match.
As a Designer in Mechanical Constructions you are responsible for the development and application of mechanical designs to meet system specifications and operational requirements.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to document, specify, test and release the design for volume production.
- Work with co-developers and external supplying parties to timely deliver to your project on site at ASML or at co-developer sites.
Technical University Masters in Mechanics or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).proficiency in making 2D drawings and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with evaluating FEM / mechanical Analysis results. Optional: Experience with working with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Must have before candidates will start: Knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Sheet Metal design
- Knowledge of engineering, adhesion technology, static load design and high precision alignment
- Preferred: ASML Way of Working experience.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch language
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Creative thinking capability
- Ability to achieve alignment between multiple projects, of which some are located abroad.
- Strong communicator. Easily cooperates with other projects and disciplines
- Pro-active attitude in getting the information and aligning with multiple level stakeholders
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Good analytical skills. Works structured.
- Critical on results
- Drive for quality and improve reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability for new and existing ASML products and the capability to implement design improvements.
- Module integration in Sub Systems from OEM partners / co-developers.
- Incorporation of externally designed Modules from OEM partners / co-developers.
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. Within the D&E sector, the MechanicalDevelopment department is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechanical modules and (sub)systems within these products.
As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Mechanical Constructions is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions and structures, in build service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
You will be operating in Development & Engineering and be part of the DuV Mechanical Constructions group. You will report to the team leader of the group Mechanical Constructions and are operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
What can you expect from ASML?
1.An opportunity to work in a high-tech company where you work on the edge of what is technological possible.
2.An open work environment with young and talented people.
3.A place with lots of career opportunities and international potential.
4.A company where creativity and initiative are rewarded.
5.Excellent working conditions.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.