24 days ago - req29324
Senior Product Manager
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Directs the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s), including product strategy definition, requirements analysis, and pricing. Monitors the development of business plans, assesses market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage and revenue. Reduces broad concepts and business strategies into structured product marketing plans. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Performs cost benefit analysis and develops marketing tools for successful product introductions. Leads communication with customers and represents customer feedback to program management, system engineering, development, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). Leads new product definition and business plans with joint departments.
- Represents voice of customer for internal cross-functional alignments.
- Owns and manages the product strategy and product roadmaps.Conducts reviews, analysis and updates periodically.
- Responsible for preparing, aligning and delivering presentations (roadmaps, technical developments, advancements etc.) to customers in semiconductor industry.
- Maintains product strategy and product roadmaps and communicates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributes to customer technical communications and owns specification negotiations.
- Communicates across all levels both internally and externally.
- Assesses and highlights risks and initiates development of mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between development activities.
- Oversees and manages the system configuration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics or equivalent, Master's degree preferred.
- Requires min. 10 years experience in product development, project management and/or product management.
- Solid track record in semiconductor capital equipment industry.
- Front-end semiconductor process technology knowledge.
- Experience in account management, marketing, sales promotion, or strategic planning in the semiconductor capital equipment business.
- Requires strong Engineering background.
- May require high-level understanding of regional laws, customs, markets and sales opportunities for the company’s products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in creating customer collaterals to explain highly complicated technical subjects and exceptional presentation skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Understanding of escalation utilization.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer relationship skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Up to 20% of business travel depending on company needs.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Can work under deadlines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability