9 days ago - req29416
Functional Designer & Integrator Analyst- Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML’s Optical Modules Development Group in Wilton CT is seeking a Physicist/Engineer in a development and engineering role to support & develop complex optical / photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical / electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing SW, functioning in close collaboration with the rest of the lithography system. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system and understanding the interaction with the rest of the tool is of fundamental importance.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Key component of this position are:
- General:Using general Physics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and tool to de-bug new and existing sensors in complex systems (lithography equipment).
- Leadership:The candidate must have the capacity to lead engineers and technicians in executing activities for determining problem root cause, execute complex tests, gather data, and effectively communicate results to managers, customers, and technical leadership.
- Problem Solving: The candidate must have expertise at troubleshooting complex problems on complex systems, develop/debug algorithms. The candidate must have the ability to use analytical processes to develop and execute test plans to determine problem root cause.
- Communication: The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing investigations to managers and to customers.
- Programming: The candidate must possess the ability to implement data analysis techniques into functioning MATLAB codes. Optimization skills, GUI building experience, and familiarly with Labview and Python are a plus.
- On-site presence : Because of the highly interactive nature onsite work is required.
- Travel: Nominal travel ( ~ 10%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
A degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, with an emphasis on system design, implementation, integration and/or troubleshooting.
At the time of application, applicants must possess one of the following to be considered:
BS/MSc with 3 or more years of experience.
PhD or PhD candidate graduating by employment start date (no experience required).
- Able to work with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems with a strong emphasis on problem solving and effective communication.
- A working knowledge of MatLab, data collection, and analysis is a plus.
- Strong emphasis on problem solving and effective communication..
- Able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints;High energy, high level of dedication.
- Willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions.
- Able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedules.
- Able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and through experiments.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability