You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Leader First Line Support - EUV Factory
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Are you looking for a leadership position where you make a direct impact on the ASML business priorities? This is your chance!
‘’Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.’’ – Steven Covey
Our EUV chip making system is one of the most advanced and most complex machines in the world today. This system and its development is defining the technological developments that impact healthcare, mobility, communication and other important aspects of our lives. The problem solving team of First Line Support (FLS) plays a key role in improving these systems. The team consists of smart experts that are driven to deliver the best output they can on a daily basis. To be able to focus on their expertise and solving power, they need a Group Leader who can inspire, motivate and add value by bringing a creative mindset that helps in improving and innovating our processes. In terms of Covey’s quote: This leader will first make sure the ladder is positioned to the right wall and then enables the team to climb the ladder as efficient as possible.
Your team of 15 – 20 engineers troubleshoots technical problems on our EUV systems in Veldhoven Factory and during installation at Customer Locations worldwide. They are not just first line support: our target solving power is 95%. The fact that we are ramping up the production of our latest machines, adds an extra dimension to your mission.
- You coach your team members as a group and individually to bring out the best in them.
- You take care of your team in terms of safety, vitality and workload management.
- Manage the group: proper staffing, training plan, efficiency, flexibility of the group, set priorities.
- Act as member of extended staff of Engineering and interact with Factory and Install managers.
- The job has a lot of exposure to (EF) higher management in both factory progress and improvement projects.
- Initiate, drive and own continuous improvement initiatives.
Personal Skills and Interests
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills and interests:
- You can empower & motivate people by being a coach and role model.
- You have good communication skills with a customer focus for understanding, influencing and supporting them.
- You have an excellent command of the English language.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- High sense of responsibility and devotion and you demonstrate seniority in coping with stress and emotional control.
- You are able to balance your focus betweenurgent & important work and non-urgent and important work.
- You thrive well working with escalations.
- You have experience or proven affinity with change management.
Education and Experience
- You have a master degree or higher in a technical field.
- You have at least 8 years of experience in a production environment, preferably with high tech products & complex production processes.
- You have trouble shooting and disturbance management experience.
- You have demonstrated experience in leading and coaching people.
- You have demonstrated experience with change management.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- You are able to work in 4-shift schedule together with your group of engineers. This is a mild shift schedule containing 10 dayshifts, 5 evening, 1weekend in 4 weeks (no night). This means working 4.25 days a week and an additional compensation in the form of a shift allowance.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Applying with a cover letter explaining your motivation & fit for the role is appreciated.
A hiring day with a presentation for a small audience are part of the interview process.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.