Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req29475
Manufacturing & Equipment Engineer for EUV Projection Optical Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Is it your strength to define crystal clear production and service processes and do you want to be involved in the proto and pilot phase of new developments? Do you understand processes and people behavior in complex manufacturing and service environments? Are you able to influence product designs and drive ASML’s system availability, reliability and cycle time? Then the job of Manufacturing & Equipment Engineer for EUV Projection Optical Performance might be just the one for you!
ASML’s TWINSCAN NXE platform is the industry’s first production platform for extreme ultraviolet lithography. The NXE step-and-scan systems use EUV light, generated by a tin-based plasma source, to enable her customers to continue Moore’s law by manufacturing integrated circuits on an ever smaller scale. The Projection Optics Box (POB) is the optical module at the heart of this system which takes care of projecting the image from the mask onto the wafer with a 4 times reduction, thereby controlling aberrations at an absolute minimum (nanometer scale). It is a high-tech module in which all engineering disciplines come together to achieve the required imaging performance. The NXE Projection project is the project which is responsible for the development, integration and industrialization of the above-mentioned POB module.
As a Manufacturing & Equipment Engineer for EUV Projection Optical Performance in the D&E EUV Optical Column department, you will be operating in a multi-disciplinary environment as a member of the Industrialization group and as part of the POB optical performance & integration team.
You will ensure that industrialization requirements, such as cycle time, availability, manufacturability and serviceability are properly taken into account in the designs of new software solutions which are related to the optical qualification of the POB module and Customer Specific Requests (CSRs).
You will develop and maintain production and service processes (including software tools) in order to evaluate and monitor the performance of the POBs during their lifecycle, and to use this data to diagnose issues and to actively steer future designs into the right direction.
As being part of the POB optical performance & integration team you will be the focal point towards the EUV Factory and Customer Support sectors. You will mainly focus on the following activities:
- Develop, create and optimize procedures and sequences for the factory and the field for optically qualifying, diagnosing and recovering of POBs, aiming at minimizing cycle time and maximizing system availability.
- Deliver knowledge transfers and training to both the EUV Factory and Customer Support to prepare factory and customer sites for upcoming changes in Projection functionality, ranging from simple software modifications to new sophisticated lens setup sequences and special software tooling.
- Provide effective troubleshoot documentation, such as Out of Control Action Plans (OCAPs), Problem Cause Solutions (PCSs), Deterministic Diagnostic Flows (DDFs) and fishbone diagrams.
- Participate in a development team to diagnose optical performance issues, related to the optical quality of the POB and/or setup of the POB using metrology adjustments tests, thereby collaborating with other manufacturing and customer support teams.
- Manage processes and tools such that feedback of real-life POB performance data can easily be taken into account in both structural and ad-hoc meetings.
- Define implementation strategies for sharing (optical) performance parameters with supplier Zeiss.
- Implement and maintain POB and CSR related Statistical Process Control (SPC) for the EUV Factory and supplier Zeiss.
- Drive continuous improvement by translating lessons learned back into process and product improvements.
- Manage customer escalations and ensure timely resolution.
BSc or MSc degree in Technical Engineering, such as Physics, Optics, Mechatronics, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in a production environment with high-tech products and complex production and service processes.
- ASML experience with manufacturing, service and/or integration activities is an advantage.
- Familiar with product and process development in a concurrent engineering environment.
- Good understanding of Design for Availability, Reliability and Diagnostics.
- Real team player, and when needed, able to work independently
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English
- Initiative; take steps proactively to improve processes and products, and to prevent issues
- Results oriented; drive the realization of agreed industrialization deliverables on time
- Quality minded; deliver work of high quality that is in line with industrialization standards
- Leadership; drive the implementation of structural solutions that bring cycle time and availability within spec
- Recognizes opportunities and threats; taking own initiative immediately
-Ability to take a helicopter view and to put oneself in the position of the customer
- Eager and get-it-done mentality
- Committed and flexible attitude
- Familiar with escalation management
- Out-of-the-box thinker
Incidental traveling to ASML’s customers in Asia or the US might be required in this role.
Context of the position
The D&E EUV Optical Column department is part of the EUV business line of ASML. Its task is to specify, develop, integrate and qualify the optical column of the EUV lithography machine in specification, time and budget. The holder of this position reports to the group manager of the Industrialization group, which is part of the above-mentioned Optical Column department.
To be completed