5 days ago - req29458
Master Data Expert
In a nutshell
Do you understand what value high quality Master Data brings to our business? Do you like to work with enthusiastic people in all kind of disciplines? And do you have experience with Master Data in SAP?
Then we are looking for you! We are looking for a Master Data Expert who will improve the Master Data for Global Enabling Services (GES).
The Master Data Expert initiates and leads (Master) Data Management initiatives that continuously improve the quality of our Master Data. The job entails a combination of driving data quality improvement projects and the execution of Master Data maintenance activities. Ultimate goal: Achieve Master Data Excellence !
The Master Data Expert supports the business with Master Data improvement initiatives and activities.
Key activities are:
- Identify Master Data quality issues within global finance business processes and make proposals for improvement of our Master Data Management activities and solutions
- Lead and drive Master Data quality improvement projects, which include improvement of master data definitions, business rules and meta data, master data maintenance processes, definition and assignment of clear roles and responsibilities, functional design and testing of IT applications related to the master data maintenance processes, realizing data quality monitors for the key master data objects
- Analyze data quality of Master Data objects and execute data maintenance activities to correct the data
- Act as a liaison between the GES Center of Excellence and the GES Global Process owners, Service Delivery Team leads, other process leads and SME’s for all Master Data quality related issues
- Although the overall scope contains all GES master data objects, the initial focus will be on Master Data related to material master and Intercompany business partners. The scope will broaden towards the full set of data objects in the future
- Support projects with data cleansing and migration activities if required
You have a Bachelor or Mastersin Business Administration/ Logistics/ Supply Chain Management education combined with a strong affinity with IT and SAP.
You have at least 5 years work experience in a Master Data related role.
For this role it is important that you have worked within the business and understand what the impact is of Master Data on business process efficiency and process improvement.
- Pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship builder
- Strong analytical skills
- Result oriented
- Hands-on mentality
Context of the position
The Master Data Expert GES is a new role within the GES Center of Excellence (CoE) organization. The Master Data Expert GES reports to the Corporate Data Officer.
This is a permanent full-time position based in Veldhoven. We intend to offer the successful candidate a fixed contract.
Interested in this vacancy? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation for taking on this role.