30+ days ago - req29421
Optical Process Engineer (CNC Work Center)
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Process engineer for the Optical Manufacturing Group, supporting the 5 axis CNC work center.
- Experience in grinding process for optical glass, crystals and ceramics desirable.
- Supporting CNC work center (DMG machines with ultrasonic).
- Programming 5 axis CNC machines.
- Tooling management.
- Improving tooling/process for production parts to increase yield and reduce labor hour and cycle time.
- Teach/mentor less experienced colleagues on product- and production techniques/skills.
- Develop/support processes and create work instructions to be used by shop technicians. Initiate and optimize new procedures and adjust existing ones.
- Interrelate with team members from various departments.
- Collect and analyze information in order to report timely required information to different users and management.
- Provide regular status reporting to applicable manufacturing departments in order to enable them to take required actions.
BS degree required.(Mechanical Engineering or Optical/science preferred), or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on work experience in a manufacturing setting using CNC machines to manufacture complex components.Optical experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Unigraphics/NX preferred.
- Require proficiency in MasterCam programming.
- Require proficiency in reading and understanding product drawing requirements and good knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Required proficiency in reading and understanding product drawing requirements and good knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Hands-on experience in glass machining preferred.
- Previous experience with CNC equipment, especially with DMG systems equipped with ultrasonic machining is preferred.
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated, independent, focused, detail oriented and good communicator.
- Enjoys working in environment with evolving requirements, process troubleshooting, and exploring new technologies.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability