30+ days ago - req29489
US Internship Software Development (Summer 2022)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The intern program is 12 weeks long, with start dates 5/16, 5/231, or 6/20. We anticipate it being on-site for Summer2022.
We are looking for software interns who have a passion for designing and coding software for a distributed control system.Join Cymer/ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
The intern will work with software architects and control system engineers as they develop software in response to the software and controls requirement and design documents. They will get to participate in designing for excellence, keeping in mind all the –cities and –abilities like reusability, modularity, simplicity, maintainability, …They will get to use UML to capture your design, you will also get to lead projects of small to medium size where you can analyze complex issues, determine the best test methodologies, and contribute in all aspects of the software development, build, test and release cycle.
Their universe will not just be the software team in San Diego, or even the controls team in San Diego, it will be their colleagues in all the functional teams in San Diego and Veldhoven, and as we try to meet our resource and budget challenges they will also work with our partners near-site, off-site as well as offshore.
Our control loops involve data exchange at speeds up to 100 kHz while data collection for diagnostics purposes is done at up to 1Khz rate. There is interaction between control loops running on quad core boards and platform software that runs on IBM Bladecenter. Data is stored on board in Postgres Databases and is shipped via the fab network to data servers in San Diego. And our graphical user interface developed using Qt serves a complex set of users - operators, engineers, scientists and customers. And we don't forget safety, the control system has a Siemens PLC to ensure both human safety is ensured and machine damage is prevented.
Come and join our journey and you will be challenged and rewarded as you work alongside a group of talented, passionate and fun-loving engineers. You can tell your friends –I work on semiconductor lithography machines that allow the printing offiner features for the next generation of chips that power the innovations in the worldtoday.
- Understandthe software response to system and controls requirements, developsoftware based on software requirements and design, create Test Specification Documents, and deliver software solutions of highest quality
- Work in hard and soft real time domain with complex hardware interfaces and various communication protocols (TCP/IP, Ethercat, Profinet)
- Ability to develop code for a distributed control system. The coding will require programming in different languages (C++, Python) on different OS environments (VxWorks, CentOS).
- Conform to the approved Software Development Process and the Program Development Process, and be an active champion of process improvement.
- Utilize knowledge to design software for large complex multi-processor systems.
- Articulate (verbal and written) the design decisions and implementations made to management at Cymer /ASML, its development partners and the customer.
Requires Minimum of at least 3 years completed (at start of the program) in pursuit of BS in Computer Science, or other related Engineering or Science fields.Pursuit of a Graduate MS or Ph.D in relevant field is a plus.
- Previous experience in a Technical Development role is a plus
- Experience in leadership or designing software for a complex multi-processor distributed control system is a plus
- The coding will require programming in different languages (C++, Python) on different OS environments (VxWorks, CentOS).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability