30+ days ago - req29579
Design Engineer Automation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Would you like to understand and improve a complex high power laser system? Do you have a creative way of thinking and do you like to be challenged technically and personally in a dynamic environment? If so then you will enjoy working in our EUV Source Laser department! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth.
As a design engineer automation you are, from a technical perspective, involved in the work of a multidisciplinary product development team (physics, automation, software and industrialization) that designs and improves calibration, performance and diagnostics (CPD) tests for the source laser modules in the EUV Source. Make it operator friendly, stable and reliable, achieve sort time to market and rapid update cycles when needed. In this process you will be involved in creation of CPDs for new systems, as well as formulating improvement proposals for existing platforms. During these activities, you will be cooperating with other disciplines and sectors. It is expected that you will participate in discussing design aspects, analyzing system problems and opportunities, and defining and documenting the work. Finally you get the chance and you are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse ASML community: you will interact daily with 4,000 like-minded professionals.
- You participate in the multidisciplinary team that works on the source laser.
- You work productively with both junior and senior subject matter experts.
- Define solution directions for main challenges related to the source laser.
- Implement system requirements in modules within the source laser, and make sure the design process is followed.
- Contribute to a long term vision and an automation roadmap.
- Execute and document tests and investigations according to ASML guidelines.
- Give inputs to interfacing projects and other stakeholders of the team.
~5 year industry experience in multi-disciplinary development preferably within ASML; knowledge of the EUV source (laser) is preferred.
- Ability to create overview and understand the operation principle of the complex optical system.
- Well-disciplined in all aspects of the design process.
- Drive decisions, while staying aligned in a complex stakeholder field; comfortable to take initiative to reach difficult goals.
- Good analytical skills and capable of bringing together complex work.
- A strong focus on structural improvement and quality.
- Good (English) communication skills in technical and managerial interactions.
- Creative, Pragmatic, self-propelling and can-do mentality.
- Team player, amplifies/makes effective use of the creativity and problem solving power in the team.