11 days ago - req29544
Global Brand Manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment and the technology/market leader in the semiconductor lithography field. By helping to make chips cheaper and more powerful, we help to make semiconductor technology more attractive for a larger range of products and services. ASML is recognized as one of the key companies in the world that drives the digital transformation.
ASML is a global company with around 30,000 employees worldwide and one of the most valuable European companies measured in market capitalization. This success is the result of company culture characteristics which are also embedded in the DNA of our brand: a relentless drive to innovate (love for technology combined with deep customer understanding and a can-do mentality), a collaborative approach (growing and learning together by integrating multiple perspectives) and a founder’s mentality (a passion for results and a strong sense of ownership and accountability).
The Communications department is currently grouped around four clusters of activities: Corporate/External Communications, Internal Communications, Talent Engagement/Labor Market Communications and Community Relations. The vision of the Communications team is to support ASML’s strategic execution capabilitieswith specific, high quality and effective Communications activities and communications tools and processes.
ASML’s Communications is evolving into a highly strategic function and this requires a step-up in fundamental capabilities. For this, we are setting up a (new) “Center of Expertise” for brand, digital communications and operational excellence. As the leader of this team and member of the Communications management team, you will be responsible to set up this team, further develop our brand positioning, continue our global brand implementation and drive excellence in optimization of digital communications channels, tools and processes.
Responsible for leading a brand team and a range of brand suppliers and overseeing ASML’s brand strategy initiatives, including brand architecture framework and brand research
- Responsible for the continuous development of ASML’s global brand strategy, including internal branding
- Responsible for the consistent implementation of branding materials, tools and services, and enforcing our global brand standards in physical and digital domains, including ASML’s campuses and sites across the world
- Prioritizes and directs ASML’s brand investments; generates (executive) support for brand investments by showing tangible business benefits
- Coordinates, consults and leverages our brand assets with other functions and departments, at a strategic and tactical level
- Continuously enhances the global Communications team’s branding skills and knowledge
Responsible for leading a team and overseeing the creation and implementation of ASML’s global digital communication and marketing strategies to our target audiences. In scope are:
- Continuous development of ASML’s digital channel strategy, based on understanding our business needs and aggregate them into a comprehensive digital communications channel development roadmap
- Responsibility for managing the corporate website (asml.com), internal communications channels (intranet news, ASML TV, mass email platform, etc.) and owned (social) media channels in all global markets, with the aim to optimally and effectively reach defined personas and target audiences in accordance with agreed business needs through state-of-the-art technologies and marketing/business practices
- Manage the portfolio of digital communications tools & channels and responsibility for the introduction of new items: from development and assessment, to implementation and promotion; this includes being responsible for priority alignment with internal stakeholders such as IT and Finance
- Responsible for digital asset management
- Data measurement and analytics, shared in (visual) dashboards that support decision-making and priority setting by Communications management team and executive leadership. Continuous development and innovation of these measurement instruments and analysis
- Update, set, guard and enforce standards, processes, best practices and guidelines around digital communications tools and channels
- Consult/advise (executive) stakeholders
- Continuously enhance the team’s skills and knowledge
Master degree in Business, Communications or Marketing, or relevant equivalent experience
- Excellent written and spoken English (at least C1 level)
- At least 10 years’ proven experience in brand management and digital communications in/for multinational companies
- Strong people and stakeholder manager
You have proven yourself as an effective brand and digital communications manager in a demanding environment and dealing with complex topics. You focus on value and set priorities accordingly for yourself and the team. You have a curious mind and you are methodical in drilling down to the essence and clarifying and simplifying complex subject matter and organizational challenges. You are process-oriented and your work is well organized. You communicate in clear language (verbally and in documents/dashboards) that explains and inspires and drives decision making. You are a team player who is easy to talk with. You are capable of reflecting on and challenging the organization, as well as yourself, in order to achieve the best outcome for the business.
Context of the position
Leads a center of expertise which consists of a (new) team of around eight to 10 brand and digital communications professionals and experts. The person filling this position is a member of the global ASML Communications Management Team.