10 days ago - req29564
Intern, Quality Engineer (Summer 2022)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
No experience (Student)
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Provide a dedicated resource to aide in development of necessary data analysis and collection tasks for SPC into the IT database structure. This will support advancement of the SPC program.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Supports Statistical Process Control (SPC) projects by performing statistical analysis, gage R+Rand setup in the Global SPC tool.
- Performs basic statistical analysis on stability and process capability for Critical To Quality parameters.
- Works within Operations Quality and Defect Prevention Team.
- Interfaces with Module and Optical Production Engineering.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science program at an accredited university pursuing a degree in:
- Industrial Engineering
- Applied Statistics
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Strong technical experience with Minitab and R
- Experience writing Excel Visual Basic (VB) code
- Strong application of statistical analysis in the areas of regression, statistical control, process capability, correlation, ANOVA, attribute charts, variable charts, etc.
- Software development for data collection and macrocode
Preferred additional skills:
- Experience with Python, a plus
- Lean Six Sigma
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability