6 days ago - req29529
Physics Design Engineer - Focus Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML System Performance department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities and the drive to provide effective solutions to complex technical problems under challenging time constraints? Are you able to manage the gap between system performance of our scanners and what is needed for our customers?
Please contact us today. We have exciting opportunities for System Performance Engineers in ASML’s Performance & Integration DUV System Performance department.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision.
The demand on focus-performance for the lithographic steps is determined by the design of the chip.
As an System Performance Focus Design Engineer you contribute to the development of ASML products by testing, analyzing, qualifying, troubleshooting and reporting either one or a combination of these system performance items and inventing and specifying improvements within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations. We are responsible for the performance of the systemas a whole.
- Specify, test, and analyze qualification and calibration tests and report on the results.
- Invent and design new calibration and qualification methods to improve system performance.
- Verify system performance of design choices in scanner Hardware and Software and choices in the application (such as scanner and non-scanner settings).
- Apply innovative data analytics methods.
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues.
- Support the internal and external customers in solving system performance issues.
- Contribute to ASML’s product performance roadmap.
- Work in a team of multidisciplinary designers and representatives of other sectors to deliver the required improvements.
Technical University Masters or PhD in physics or similar subject. Experience with experimental verification of theoretical models is a must.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by mathematical modeling, statistics and model verification (experience with MatLab or similar tool is a pre).
- Helicopter view on complex systems.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude, broad scope and team-player.
Creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude. Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department System Performance is responsible for timely and cost-effective qualification of overlay, focus, imaging and productivity performance of functional modules, machines and customer applications. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
Keywords: system performance, focus, physics, MatLab, modeling, test, methodology, statistics.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.