30+ days ago - req29642
Technician - Production (Laser Test) 2nd Shift
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
In the Cymer Light Source (CLS) division in San Diego, we design and manufacture Deep Ultraviolet (DUV) lasers, used directly in the chipmaking process. Far from a basic “consumer” laser, these machines are complex, powerful, and flexible. The lasers we make require: durable and high-speed precise motion-controlled optics to maintain wavelength to femtometer accuracy under high laser powers; advanced materials to endure the harsh Fluorine-rich environments and high powers; clever mechanical designs to allow high performance and fit all the parts within a confined space, but still allow easy manufacturing and servicing.
The Technician will perform sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support.Recommends changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Troubleshoots failures with pressurized Gas, and Water sytems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent experience, Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- six (6) years related work experience.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools.
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment, LabVIEW preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Strong understanding of laser systems is required.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of Company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
- Strong electrical/ electronic background.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems, (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
- Full to advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
Context of the position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for duration of shift in a cleanroom environment.
- Wearing of eye protection in manufacturing areas is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability