30+ days ago - req29639
US Internship - Systems Engineering (Summer 2022)
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The internship is a 12 week program with start dates 5/16, 5/31, or 6/20. We anticipate it to be on-site for Summer 2022
- Cymer DUV lasers use a short (100ns), high current (25kA) pulse to produce a plasma in the gain generation chamber. This pulse generates electromagnetic interference (EMI) that can potentially interfere with the proper function of the laser and its diagnostics.However, there appears to be no data with regard to the levels at which EMI interferes with laser operation.In the proposed effort to be performed by a Systems Engineering Intern, a systematic study of the radiated EMI within Cymer lasers will be performed using an EMI probe.Analysis of the collected data will be performed and a report written and submitted with possible recommendations.
- The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
- Intern will be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
Candidate must be currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or related discipline
- Have data analysis and scripting experience using Python and/or Matlab
- Have experience working in a laboratory including experimental setup, troubleshooting and data collection
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability