27 days ago - req29756
Competitive Intelligence Technical Analyst
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you a person with an eye for detail, who has affinity with analyzing, organizing and presenting detailed technical information?
Do you feel comfortable working in a multicultural team,supporting the Corporate Intellectual Property (CIP) department with actionable intelligence to improve the strength and leverage of ASML’s intellectual property (IP) portfolio? Do you like creating the bigger picture with multiple pieces of information and presenting that to our patent attorneys, verifying your analysis and conclusions with key-engineers and giving advice to ASML’s management?
ASML is searching for an analytical engineer to join its international high-tech manufacturing environment, supporting the department across a broad spectrum of global IP issues and transactions.
The CIP department, responsible for defining and implementing ASML's worldwide IP strategy and for ensuring that ASML preserves freedom to operate and protects its technological innovations through the application of IP laws, including patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret laws in countries throughout the world. Our approximately 70 person department has offices in Veldhoven in the Netherlands, and Wilton, San Diego and Silicon Valley in the USA.
A typical day might include:
- Gathering info from news, corporate websites and conferences
- Reading, analyzing and classifying third party patents and technical publications
- Meeting with key-engineers to verify and gather technical information
- Meeting with Marketing colleagues to share insights on third party technology and get market info
- Building intelligence: completing the puzzle with all pieces of information to predict the product development strategy and policy of a third party
- Updating a patent attorney group with new technical insight of third parties
- MSc or PhD degree in engineering or technical science (preferably in physics, mechanics or similar)
Key factors to success are :
- Affinity with reading and analyzing scientific and patent literature
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate and set priorities to manage your own agenda
- Experience in challenging information and asking the right questions
You can also bring one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with intellectual property or competitive intelligence
- Knowledge of Japanese, Chinese or Korean language
- Working experience with semiconductor technology and/or high tech industry
- Analytical mindset
- Focus on solutions
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
Context of the position
ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems; complex and highly innovative machines that are critical to the production of microchips. With operations all across the globe and a market cap of over EUR 100 billion, ASML is one of the largest technology companies headquartered in Europe.
You will report to the manager of CIP‘s Search & Competitive Intelligence group and interface with the patent attorneys, other members of CIP’s organization, engineers, researchers, and managers in other departments such as Marketing and Product Development.
This fulltime position is based in our headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Interested? Please apply with cv and cover letter.