23 days ago - req29766
Release Train Engineer Cloud Competence Center of Excellence
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its headquarters in Veldhoven the Netherlands and has R&D and manufacturing operations in North America, Asia and the Netherlands.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and automation and optimization of key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A sub-department within the IT organization is the IT Cloud Competence Center Corporate. This competence center is responsible for innovation projects and changes in the IT cloud supporting our corporate support organizations like Finance and HR. The Identity and Access Management expertise is part of this competence center.
Currently the ASML IT department is in an Agile Transformation, in which SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework 5.0) will be implemented.
“Making fast local content decision on behalf of the Agile Team and drive the iteration goals for the team.”
Your role is all about:
- ensure the overall performance of the Agile Release Train and always strive for delivery excellence.
- Being a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train.
- Organize and facilitate on a large scale
Your key responsibilities are:
- Create transparency and alignment on ART status by setting-up, coordinating and facilitating ART ceremonies
- Optimize flow by tracking, reporting and measuring ART performance
- Ensure delivery excellence by keeping the ART stable and shielding it from external interferences.
- Defining the required competences for the ART
- Foster communities of practice and the use of engineering and built-in Quality practices
Master or Bachelor degree;
Being a Release Train Engineer within ASML means being a servant leader and Agile evangelist. With your facilitating leadership style you challenge your team to work towards greater efficiency, can motivate your team naturally and are a strong ambassador for your team whilst making strategic decisions.
Your continuous broad scope, both within the team as acting as the voice of your customer, gives you the edge in setting your team up for success by breaking up work items into smaller ones and by being the gate keeper for your team. You dare to say “no”to keep your team out of the wind and focused on the tasks at hand.
- You have proven experience working in similar, complex environments as a Release Train Engineer;
- You’re technologically sound and understand the team’s technical objectives;
- You are in the possession of a MSc. degree in Information Technology, Data Science or equivalent and preferably are Agile or SAFe certified
- Experience in IT infrastructure environments of corporate organizations;
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision;
Your soft skills:
- You are a servant leader and motivator for the ART
- You closely collaborate with the IT GL on staffing of the ART
- You closely collaborate with the Chief Product Owner and System Architect.
- You ensure alignment with other RTE’s
- You are present in ART and team events
- You drive continuous improvement
- You prevent sub-optimization
Context of the position
The Release Train Engineer works closely together with:
- The RTE for the Infra Cloud Competence Center of Excellence (CCoE)
- The scrum master for the team(s) you serve and coach,
- The Release Train Engineers in Infra ART en Infra Automation ART
- The Developers in your Agile teams
- The CPO and System Architect for the ART for Infra CCoE
- The Agile Competence Center in ASML and many other stakeholders outside the ART for Infra.
This role is situated in the Infrastructure CCOE domain, azure and google cloud platform. Our people are proud to be best in class in delivering a stable and future proof infrastructure ART as well as directly to our self-service business stakeholders and are organized in approx. 2 DevOps teams. Teams are a mixture of young talent and senior specialists with a strong focus on delivering business value for our stakeholders.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.