30+ days ago - req29739
US Internship - Electrical Engineering
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The internship is a 12 week program with start dates 5/16, 5/31, or 6/20. We anticipate it being on-site for Summer 2022.
We are looking for a talented engineering student with a strong and diverse background in electrical engineering to join our DUV EE controls team during the summer.This position will be a key contributor the characterization and testing of critical components and assemblies used in our DUV lasers.
- Develops test plans and fixtures for testing and characterization of the high voltage ceramic capacitors and related assemblies.
- Conducts performance and reliability characterization and testing over mechanical, environmental, and aging variables experienced by Cymer laser systems.
- Utilizes precision high voltage and current diagnostics and data acquisition equipment during performance testing and accelerated life testing
- Develops and implements programmable automated test scripts and data acquisition while using engineering and statistical analysis tools for data processing and analysis.
- Manage and monitor accelerated life testing shot accumulation, test conditions, and key performance indicators.
- Collaborates with pulsed power and laser discharge chamber teams on test planning, test execution, and data analysis.
- Collaborates with internal and external analytical services to provide optical, x-ray, and SEM analysis of sample components.
- Other responsibilities may be added as business conditions arise
Requires a minimum of three years progress toward Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or related field.Master’s in progress candidate is strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant academic or work related experience.
- Project leadership skills
- Experience with DoE (design of experiments)
- Strong background in analog circuit design; high power and voltage experience recommended
- Familiar with analog test equipment, LabVIEW, Python, and MatLab.
- Hands on experience with component-level and assembly hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with electronics test equipment – high-speed oscilloscopes, high speed voltage and current diagnostics, and high-speed data acquisition and process.
- Experience creating and executing detailed performance and life testing plans.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability