7 days ago - req29899
Intern, Defectivity Engineer (Summer 2022)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As an Intern in the Defectivity group you will participate in developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling and test equipment. You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or opto-mechanics. You will need to consider engineering specifications and performance, lifetime, failure modes, root cause analysis, statistical analysis, measurement system capability, etc.
You will collaborate with system architects and engineers in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, design experiments, and/or analyze data.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Design ofexperiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Deriveconclusions from analysis to make practical recommendations.
- Technical writingand communication skills, including the ability to present results basedon scientific evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Take direction from ASML System Architects andSenior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort ofcritical large capital equipment.
Currently enrolled in an accredited university as a junior, senior or master's student, or equivalent experience:
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Materials Science
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Physics
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Chemistry
The Defectivity Group in Wilton, CT is looking for an Intern with experience in the following areas:
- Materialsscience/materials engineering/nanotechnology.
- Tribology:wear resistance of coatings and materials.
- Physics:plasma, electrostatics and materials compatibility.
- Mechanical: Smallparticle behavior in gas flows and high vacuum.
- Software: Dataanalysis and image processing for particle adder detection.
- Electrical:Test equipment hardware and software, scripting in Python or Matlab.
- Chemistry:chemical cleaning methods for vacuum grade cleaning, characterization ofcoatings, surface treatments.
- Team player willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in materials science, engineering, and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites.
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study, flexible nature.
- Customer-centric personal ethos.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledgein a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problemsspanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversityof experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growinghigh-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability