30+ days ago - req29859
Intern, Mechanical Tool Development & Build (Summer 2022)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
No experience (Student)
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Wilton Manufacturing Engineering Assembly and Test has Summer Internship Position opening for undergraduate students of Mechanical Engineering studies.
The main responsibility of the intern is to lead the assembly & testing/validation of new manufacturing tools used in a prototype production process.The specific tasks include:
- Working in the clean room to assemble the tools (with support of operations technicians)
- Defining how to validate the functions per specification of each tool
- Executing this testing, documenting results, and providing feedback to the design teams
- Troubleshooting any issues with the functions of the various tools
- Documenting how the tools are to be used and training operations technicians and other production engineers on how to use them
Wilton Manufacturing Engineering Assembly and Test has Summer Internship Position opening for undergraduate students in their junior or senior (December 2022 grad):
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- High preference for candidates with a background in manufacturing.
- Mechanical engineering principles (how to work with and measure mechanical systems, principles of operation)
Competency with basic measurement equipment (Veneer Calipers, Micrometers)
- Reviewing and understanding 3D CAD (NX Unigraphics) and 2D Drawings (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T))
- Design of experiment
- Statistical Analysis
- Systems Engineering / Requirements validation principles
- Technical Writing
Technical Skills (preferred):
- Familiarity with programming principles (demonstrated Python and/or Matlab competency)
- Familiarity with electrical/electro-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with opto-mechanical assembly / working with optics / glass to metal assembly using epoxies
- Familiarity with ERP Software Applications (SAP)
- Familiarity with Computer Measurement Machines (CMM) or Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability