5 days ago - req29894
Intern, Mechatronics & Test First Line Support Production Engineer (Summer 2022)
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips. This position is for a First Line Support Production Engineer Intern with innovative attitude to work in the Production Engineering department in Wilton Factory. Intern will work with cross-sectors employees to provide rapid response to resolve disturbance notices related to engineering issues and to perform the engineering steps listed in the production operator dashboard (POD) to support output.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Spends about 75% of time in the Cleanroom providing direct support to production processes and troubleshooting.
- Provide efficient response totroubleshoot electro-mechanical modules and subassemblies, module test and final quality issues, multi-discipline test equipment (Hardware/Software/Electrical/Servo)
- Master test rig qualificationsoftware:Linux/Python +Proprietary ASML GUI
- Analyze Matlab runs and plot data from database
- Support query code to interrogate datafor manufacturing needs
- Support analysis on test data and derive conclusions
- Analyze RGA Data and evaluate test resultsto determine if the parts, assemblies, or modules meet contaminationrequirements
- Develop OCAPs, Fishbones andtroubleshooting guidelines
- Support diagnostics qualification andimplementation for production staff
- Evaluate and disposition failed partswith proposed solutions
- Support development of Manufacturingprocedures and technical work instructions
- Support design and document reviews fordiagnostics
- Support DOA root cause analysis
- Support cycle time and labor hoursroadmaps implementation
- Support PFMEA
- Able to read mechanical, electrical andoptical drawings
- Knowledge of MATLAB, LabVIEW and Python
The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment:
- Full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
- Working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
Currently enrolled in an accredited university as a junior, senior or master's student with:
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Mechatronics
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Software Engineering
- Able to read mechanical, electrical and optical drawings.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, LabVIEW and Python.
- Must display a solid understanding of complicated manufacturing assemblies.
- Working knowledge with servo and mechatronic control systems.
- Working knowledge with complicated multi-disciplinary (Electro-Mechanical) assembly.
- Working knowledge with integrated Hardware/Software testers.
- Working knowledge with vacuum systems.
- Working Knowledge in image/signal /data process algorithm, statisticsand software development.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux/Python/Matlab.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Working knowledge with Optical-Electrical sensors is a plus.
- Experience in the field of technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is a plus.
- Working knowledge of NX, Teamcenter and SAP is a plus.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility and follow through.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team and to senior management.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability