3 days ago - req29966
MDEV Re-Use Supplier Quality Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical and supplier expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive? Do you take the lead in driving multidisciplinary projects to successful delivery? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? If so, then the job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
ASML’s suppliers play a key role in the re-use activity. Majority of the remanufacturing, reconditioning and material harvesting will be done at the suppliers. The mission of the supplier quality engineer for re-use is to ensure that the suppliers are ready from the process and quality point of view.
The focus is on excess & obsolete parts which will be turned into as-new valuable products by the means of remanufacturing. This represents a clear business case for ASML and the goal is to present same cases for the suppliers. The parts in “as-new” status have same requirements for quality and cosmetics as newly produced parts. The requirements must be carefully assessed and reviewed to fit both new and “as-new” products and still fulfill the expectation from our customers.
You create significant added value for ASML by gathering learnings from the used parts (lifetime calculation, failure mode, design improvement, design rules etc.). You participate in embedding these learnings to the process, tooling, documentation and design guidelines within each project and functional cluster.
- Together with the functional cluster teams define quality requirements for the re-used parts.
- Develop suppliers who are performing the remanufacturing to as-new status from process and quality point of view.
- Support the teams in writing statement of work (SOW) according to the re-use template to reach agreements (timing, costs, quality) with the suppliers.
- Participate in triage to understand the status of the parts intended for re-use.
- Support definition of business cases for excess & obsolete parts.
- Together with the functional cluster teams define requirements for remanufacturing of parts to an as-new status.
- Gather learnings about used parts, process them and generate input for the feedback loop.
- Contribute to the development of Re-Use methodology, help to share and embed it into the existing ASML process framework and specifically SQE competence.
- Apply and validate the re-use methodology on pilot projects together with the PL’s and the D&E teams from re-use organization.
- Work intensively with manufacturing, suppliers and supply chain management to ensure pilot release testing of the proposed re-use opportunities and a smooth transition to volume production.
- You interact with module designers and architects on technical content.
BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of relevant ASML experience.
- Experience with SAP and various ASML’s information systems.
- Experience in quality management within multi-disciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of quality requirements for mechanical engineering.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense
- Multi-disciplinary skills with focus on mechanical parts.
- Capable in dealing with resistance and influencing without power.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people.
- Show ownership in a broader sense. Drive your small part in a big change for the future.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Eager to drive his/her own development.
- Fluent in English.
Context of the position
The D&E MDEV circular engineering group is part of the D&E MDEV PLM department and works for the D&E reuse department. The mission of the D&E reuse department is to:
- Accelerate learning about the lifetime and failure modes of products, re-use processes and design guidelines to enable re-use.
- Reduce cost within our operations.
- Eliminate waste.
To collectively contribute to ASML’s circular economy and sustainability goals.
You will report to the D&E MDEV circular engineering GL.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.