14 days ago - req29963
Team Lead Consolidation and Statutory reporting
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company? Do you have strong experience and affinity with accounting, consolidation and compliance? Then the role as Team Lead Consolidation and Statutory reporting might be something for you.
A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to standardize, simplify and automate, who is able to connect the dots and embraces a challenge in a dynamic global environment.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in this exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, it allows Finance to bring breakthroughs in the ways of working, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
To realize our world class ambition we are looking for a team lead managing the Consolidation and Statutory reporting team. The team lead has a broad responsibility, key areas are driving the monthly and quarterly consolidation and close process, preparation of compliant interim and annual report including the sustainability reporting and oversee the intercompany accounting. Also he/she is responsible for the coordination and preparation of the statutory financial statements for EMEA. You will be working with a team of 9 highly engaged professionals located in Veldhoven. The role is a pivotal role in the organization given the broad scope and impact. As all accounting processes come together in the consolidation process, it offers a full perspective on ASML. Part of your job is to drive continuous process improvement to deliver the best E2E process.
The Team Lead reports to the Global head Financial Services and works closely together with the Accounting Expert Advisory team and the External Auditor as well as with the other Finance teams in ASML. Financial Services is responsible for the Group, Tax and Statutory Accounting and Compliance.
In this role you will ensure:
- Coordination of the monthly consolidation processes and preparation of the quarterly external reports in compliance with US-GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation of the interim report, annual report including sustainability report as well as ensure high quality XBRL and ESEF reporting
- Preparation of the statutory financial statements for EMEA including global coordination of statutory auditor between external auditor and all teams
- Ensure internal controls and SOX controls compliance
- Provide group level equity and employee benefit accounting
- Oversight to the group intercompany accounting
- Manage the MEC coordination across the Financial Services teams and with IT
- Collaborate with various other finance teams on cross-finance projects
- Participate in various corporate structure projects
- Drive improvements within the team and across the E2E teams to ensure high quality processes
- Engage and lead a team of high professionals
- Master’s degree in Accounting, post graduate is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing
- Minimum of 12 years experience in multinational environment in comparable positions/ or Big four
- Experience with Consolidation (e.g. SAP BPC, XBRL, reporting tools) and Statutory reporting processes
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled and motivated people
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues globally, also in other functional areas
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes, able to think through E2E accounting process
- Multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural understanding, values differences and is able to bridge between different departments and people
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Committed and flexible (going the extra mile, and operates well in a hectic environment)
- Is able to kick the tires/challenge the status quo
- Demonstrable ability to engage and manage senior and different level stakeholders and multicultural audience through superior communication and presentation skills
Context of the position
This role is part of the GES team (Global Enabling Services).
This is a full-time position (40 hours).