26 days ago - req29905
US Internship - Data Science
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The internship is a 12 week program with start dates 5/16, 5/31, or 6/20. We anticipate it to be on-site for Summer 2022.
CLS has several models that are built using python code. These programs were developed during early stages of the development. Therefore, the program has lots of technical debt. The intern will be responsible to eliminate the technical debt using the latest Python best practices. Update the CLS python library and make it easy to use.
- Analysis the existing program for technical debt.
- Work with data scientist to recode the program
- Create/update Python library
- Develops, maintains, and improves processes, tools and reports as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Works on moderately complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Completion of 3 years Bachelors Degree program in, Engineering, Physics, Statistics or related field preferred. Masters program preferred.
- Requires proficiency in Python
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job.
- Ability to identify events and trends and initiate investigations into those events as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability