22 days ago - req29902
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
A well-rounded mechatronics engineer in this position will work on mechatronics, precision handling of delicate parts, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in lithography tools. Candidate should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, preferably in the area industrial robotics integration.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
ASML headquarters are in the Netherlands, but has a global presence with US design and manufacturing offices in Wilton, CT (precision stages, robotics, optical modules), San Diego, CA (EUV laser source creation), and Santa Clara, CA (computational SW for pattern recognition and correction).
The RRU Mechatronics department at ASML in Wilton, CT has intern opportunities in mechatronics, controls, dynamics, and robotics. If you have experience in one of these competences and a desire to be challenged, please apply for a position to work on our high precision linear stages, robotic reticle handler, or uniformity corrector module.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The job requires a strong technical individual contributor to:
- Work in a team environment alongside experienced engineers on real-life mechatronics topics.
- Work on solving an actual issue or design challenge the group is facing at the time. Specific tasks will also be tailored to match the education/experience level of the intern as well as the student’s learning objectives for the duration.
- Perform some autonomous work (modeling, data collection, data analysis, test execution in the lab or clean room) as well as some supervised and/or collaborative work.
- Assignments are usually a mix of analysis and hands on work with hardware.
- Document and present their findings as well as making an end of program presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
Current active students in Engineering, preferably Mechanical/Mechatronic/Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
- Basic experience with MATLAB/SIMULINK or similar tools.
- Ability to derive conclusions from analyses and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills in English, including presenting results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time.
- Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites.
- High-energy, quick study with flexible nature.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability