30+ days ago - req30064
Intern, Mechatronics Controls Engineer (Summer 2022)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
A well-rounded mechatronics engineer in this position will work on mechatronics, precision handling of delicate parts, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in lithography tools. Candidate should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, preferably in the area industrial robotics integration.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This Summer 2022 Intern will work on mechatronics, precision handling of delicate parts, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in lithography tools. The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment. Specific tasks will also be tailored to match the education/experience level of the intern as well as the student’s learning objectives for the duration.
- Workin a team environment alongside experienced engineers on real-lifemechatronics topics.
- Ideal candidates should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, preferably in the area industrial robotics integration.
- Performsome autonomous work (modeling, data collection, data analysis, testexecution in the lab or clean room) as well as some supervised and/orcollaborative work.
- Assignmentsare usually a mix of analysis and hands on work with hardware.
- Intern willpresent their findings as well as making an end of programpresentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
Currently enrolled in an accredited university in either the junior, senior, or master's level in, or equivalent experience:
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Mechatronics
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Physics with concentration, coursework or projects in Mechatronics
- Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
- Basic experience with MATLAB / SIMULINK or similar tools.
- Ability to derive conclusions from analyses and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills in English, including presenting results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Strong commitment to achieving results on time.
- Interest in mechatronics engineering and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites.
- High-energy, quick study with flexible nature.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability