Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req30067
Intern, Mechatronics Robotics Engineer (Summer 2022)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The EUV Reticle Handling Mechatronics Group, a division of ASML’s Mechatronics and Measurement Department, in Wilton CT is seeking a well-rounded Intern to work on mechatronics and system integration and/or software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics on advanced robotic modules in lithography tools.
A well-rounded Intern in this position will work on mechatronics, precision handling of delicate parts, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics on advanced modules in lithography tools. Candidate should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems, preferably in the area industrial robotics integration.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Technically own and drive the decisions necessary tocomplete the tasks.
- Work with designers from supporting engineeringdisciplines in order to converge on an overall design solution.
- Autonomously gather necessary information to conceive andpropose options in order to meet the sub-module and sub-system levelrequirements.
- Interface with module architects to derive requirementsfor the sub-modules.
- Write performance specification documents at sub-modulelevel and feed sub-budgets down to the lower levels.
- Create sub-module level test protocol docs and subsequent testresult analysis to prove sub-module and sub-system level performance specsare met.
- Understand and be able to communicate the implication ofsub-module level errors on higher module level performance and on othersub-modules.
- Clearly communicate technical performance in both writtenand verbal presentations to stakeholders.
Currently enrolled at accredited university in junior, senior or master's year, or equivalent experience:
- Minimum 3.5 GPA (3.7+ preferred)
- Master's degree, preferred
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Mechatronics
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Physics
- Direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems.
- Operational experience with precision handling of delicate parts, product and system integration and software functionality.
- Basic MATLAB, Simulink skills are needed.
- Experience with PID controllers, linear and nonlinear calibrations, flexible dynamics.
- Strong communicative skills with acommitment to achieving results on time.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientationand interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface withmultidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team. Willingness to takeon responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignmentson schedule.
- Ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation andon-the-job training.
- Capability to thoroughly investigate technical issues(analytically and hands-on in a lab environment).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability