14 days ago - req30031
Manufacturing Engineer Industrialization
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Is it your strength to figure out the best way to manufacture or service our machines in the factory and field? Do you understand how to influence a design and the requirements to avoid unnecessary production disruption and improve serviceability?
Then the job of Manufacturing Engineer might be the one for you!
You will be working in the Industrialization department of the Mechanical Development cluster where you are responsible for the work preparation needed to mechanically build and service our machines in the factory and field. Your support structurally improves cycle time and system availability. Within our team you will work with a focus either on mechanical layout or on handling and transport. You work mainly in Veldhoven but could be requested to support worldwide on your expertise area.
- Deliver input for manufacturability and serviceability of designs
- Gather input for manufacturing and field service from documentation
- Prepare work instructions for factory and service operations
- Presence on the cleanroom floor for testing, support and new product introduction
- Review system- and tool designs and release them to manufacturing and service after
validation and testing
- Developer of training packages regarding work preparation to factory and in the field
- Troubleshoot for issues in factory/field for new products and provide on-call support
Bachelor or Master degree within Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical or other
Preferably 2-5 years of experience in:
- a service or production environment with high tech products and complex production
- scale up from design into volume production
- packaging, tooling and system lifting appliances
- Excellent communication skills
- Get-on and do it mentality
- Willing to get hands-on
- Interactive (many stakeholders) and group oriented
- Adaptive to changes and flexible in priority setting
- Proactive (engage to prevent issues before they arise)
- Willing to travel several times a year for 1-2 weeks
Context of the position
D&E and Mechanical Development
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The cluster Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
Industrialization & Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering
The department Industrialization drives the industrialization aspects of mechanical designs, meeting manufacturing and service requirements of ASML products during the entire life cycle.
The group Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering is responsible for the industrialization of ASML products, embedding a system’s industrial performance (cycle time, reliability, availability, and cost) into the specifications, and performing work preparation for the system build in ASML’s factories and for the use and maintenance at customer sites.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.