25 days ago - req30062
US Internship - Controls Engineering
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The internship is a 12 week program, with start dates 5/16, 5/31, or 6/20. We anticipate it to be on-site for Summer 2022.
- Work in a team environment alongside local experienced engineers.
The project will focus on an aspect of the droplet generation control and optimization where we produces tin droplets 27um in diameter, 80m/s in speed and position them in um and ns accuracies.
- Specific tasks will be tailored to match the education / experience level of the intern as well as the interns learning objectives for the summer.
- The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
- Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
Current active students in EE, ME, and CS with focus on Controls and Image Processing or relevant engineering majors are welcome to apply for this position. Undergraduate (Junior+ year) or graduate students accepted.
- Feedback control and automation systems
- Image processing and signal/data analysis
- Matlab/Simulink, Python, C/C++
- Productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability