30+ days ago - req30166
Field Application Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML is a worldwide leading supplier of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, designing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips. Brion Technologies is a subsidiary of ASML. It is the key player in computational lithography for integrated circuit Lithography-Driven Design and Manufacturing™. Brion's Tachyon™ platform, a highly accurate and ultra-fast Optical Proximity Correction (OPC) and OPC verification system, enables a unique set of capabilities that address the interrelated challenges of design, photomask making and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Brion leads the worldwide market for OPC verification and is rapidly expanding in the OPC and entering the metrology market.
You will work at our partner site, IMEC, located in Leuven, Brussels area in Belgium. IMEC is a cutting edge semiconductor R&D research institute in Europe, with which ASML has built a strong collaboration for more than 30 years. In addition to contribution to leading edge lithography and patterning, this position provides exposure to the whole semiconductor design and manufacturing ecosystem. In this context, your role will be to support and contribute to advanced process development, perform feasibility studies on new products and work with development teams on data software qualification. In addition to collaborating with IMEC teams you will also interact with a wide variety of ASML colleagues as part of a worldwide team (Europe, USA and Asia).
- Participating in IMEC-ASML joint projects.
- Interacting with product engineering and lithography teams within ASML.
- Developing strong technical relationship with IMEC and ASML colleagues.
- Implementing experiments to validate solutions from ASML.
- Participating and building collaboration with other partners on projects of interest for ASML.
- Providing computational lithography solutions for IMEC advanced technology node development.
- Conducting onsite training for IMEC users.
- Coordinating and driving technical guidance to the users.
- Interacting with IMEC computational lithography, imaging and process teams.
- Bringing technical requirements or technical issues to members of Product Engineering Group and/or R&D team.
- Using and supporting at IMEC part of Tachyon computational lithography products: OPC (mask correction), LMC (manufacturability check), FEM+ (modeling), D4C (overlayer), SMO (source mask optimization) and/or MXP (metrology).
- Collecting experimental data in IMEC cleanroom (SEM, overlay).
- Travel: about twice a year to California (trainings and meetings).
- We can provide extensive training on the job (computational lithography and on process).
A technical Master degree or higher in Physics, Optical Engineering, Computational Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with lithography (process, tool), etch or RET flow.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience with metrology tools (e-beam and optical) is a plus.
- Experience with CAD / OPC tools is a plus.
- Experience with cleanroom work is a plus
- Data analysis (JMP, Minitab, R, Python) is a plus.
- Scripting languages (Perl, TCL, shell scripting) is a plus
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Good organization skills, ability to work effectively with other teams and people from other fields.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures.
- Willing to learn.
Context of the position
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.