30 days ago - req30137
Hardware Platform Development - Intern
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Job MissionWould you like to be part of the latest E-beam inspection and metrology equipment development for semiconductor applications? We are looking for an accountable Project Management Intern to be responsible for engineering and technical disciplines for specific functions of the tool development.
You will be responsible for cross-functional deliverables across multiple competences in the e-Beam Program such as Mechanical and Electrical Infrastructure, Machine Environment Conditioning and Wafer Flow and own both the hardware and software deliverables to the e-Beam products in the Platform Department in Design and Engineering Organization and will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with program managers and other project team members to provide assistance /technical support.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage risks and (internal) customer requirements.
- Define deliverables for engineers .
- Align with cross-projects on regular basis to ensure on time delivery of module .
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Hold regular meetings to provide information, identify interdependencies, secure cross-sector alignment and agreements.
- Work with architects to define the project scope and required budget.
- Delegate tasks and follow up to team members.
- Is able to assess and address technical risk based on team input from architects and design engineers.
- Respond to requests for changes with impact assessment and secure program agreements before accepting changes.
- Understand proper escalation paths and acts accordingly.
- Master's or Bachelor degree in related areas of Engineering preferred .
- Willing to learn project management, mechanical design and analysis.
- Knowledge in new product introduction.
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex hardware school projects.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
·Must have excellent communication skills- Written/Verbal.
·Must have excellent commitment and multi-tasking skills.
·Strong interpersonal skills.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability