Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req30194
Technical Application Manager SAP
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
IntroductionASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
To ensure a robust, reliable and available technical application landscape, based upon technology components as listed in the ASML catalog. Assuring the serviceability and maintainability of the owned system landscape, and shaping the processes to support those objectives.
The Technical Application Manager/Architect (TAM) is a key-role in the IT application services organization and acts on mainly tactical as well strategical level. The TAM owns the technical application landscape and drives the optimization and standardization by designing the landscape, using ASML’s infrastructure building blocks and adhering to ASML’s security policies. The TAM works closely with internal and external service providers to realize these goals and achieving operational excellence. This also includes ensuring that the infrastructural roadmap is developed in a sustainable and integral manner.
Key areas of accountability 1. Requirements and Design
- Identify and define technical application requirements and it’s ecosystem(s), including
- Disaster Recovery and Backup configuration of application / application data
- Fit for operations and serviceability
- Act as the linking pin between service providers and the IT ART’s / Application teams and advice in delivering projects and changes
- Draft, review and own high level technical design documents with optimal use of standard technology (catalog) components
- Design application integrations/interfaces and identify data streams (e.g. firewall rules)
- Ensure secure access to environments (end users and application management)
- Organize the delivery of the required solutions by
- Engage with external infrastructure service providers and internal infrastructure as well cloud experts
- Ordering of (new/changed) infrastructure services and standard technology components through standard catalog
3.Maintain and Control
- Define and supervise technical application life-cycle roadmap and plan
- Architectural mapping of application components during application life cycle to infrastructure
- Optimizing life-cycles of individual applications and infrastructure components (whilst minimizing business impact)
- Control the technical application landscape by supervising (operations done by Service Providers or DevOps Teams):
- The installation, upgrade and maintenance of applications and its infrastructure
- Monitoring (end to end) and reporting (technical) of application performance, availability and capacity
- Problem management
- Application landscape security level (patching, security groups, firewall rules, SW security/vulnerabilities, hotfixes, etc.)
- Correct registration of application landscape components and their relationships within the CMDB
- Participate as 3rd level subject matter expert to identify and solve (high prio) incidents on application landscape (cross team) and advice on actions to be taken.
- Measure and improve the process maturity for (technical) application support
- Work closely with service providers and architects on designs of new technologies and capabilities, with focus on simplicity
- Detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Measure and improve the process maturity of (technical) application support for the internal as well Service Provider organization
5. Quality, Risk & Compliance
- Manage delivery of application landscape components according to agreed specifications and quality criteria.
- Ensure compliance with applicable architectural guidelines as well as IT policies (eg security)
- Ensure and prove proper disaster recovery configuration, including IT Continuity test (ensuring end-to-end application back-up consistency)
EducationBachelor/Master - preferably in Computer Science
Specific for the SAP HANA TAM role:
- Senior Technical SAP expertise having broad experience with SAP HANA solutions (eg ECC, BW/BO/BPC, EWM, SMS, SLT, HANA 1.0, etc.), including:
- Data Integrations and schema’s
- HANA database multi server configuration
- SDI and related dp-agents
- SAP security and authorization
- Migration and consolidation
- Extensive experience in SAP architecture in a complex SAP landscape, including:
- S/4 HANA
- SAP cloud plus it’s DR / HA setup
- SAP monitoring
- Integrations, including on-prem/HEC and SDA and SDI connections
- Demonstrable experience in managing External Service Provider on Technical Application Management
- Strategic thinking
- Creative and Innovative
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in the English language
- Shows initiative
- Problem-solving attitude
- Result driven
- Stays focused, maintains personal effectiveness
- Immune to stress
- Customer focus and customer facing skills
- Open to change
- Planning and organizing
- Satisfaction/performance/quality levels of the systems or services delivered
- Compliance with applicable IT and security policies
- Compliance with LCM and architectural guidelines
- Availability and performance of agreed operational services
- Availability of operational reports and follow up/action list
- Level of Contribution/ownership of measured and improved process
- Up-to-date operational standards and procedures
- Client satisfaction
- Level of majority activities (operational, tactical, strategic)
- (Visible) implementation of structural improvements
- Level of communication with (senior) stakeholders
Context of the position
ASML O&I Application Services designs, implements and maintains flexible and easy-to-use information systems that enable seamless collaboration and provide reliable, secure access to and availability of business critical information for ASML’s employees, customers, and suppliers.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.