11 days ago - req30216
Application Engineer Demo - Customer Support
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have multiple office locations around the world.
Enable ASML and its customers to successfully develop, demonstrate and improve their future semiconductor manufacturing processes. Help ASML improve its service to customers by solving issues seen in previous demonstrations, and expand the company’s knowledge through technical investigations with experts from across ASML and its supplier network. As part of the Demo team the application engineer will be working with cutting-edge laboratory, wafer processing and metrology equipment.
- Prepare, execute and lead advanced application projects for our customers and other ASML departments;
- Run and show different process-demonstrations for and to customers;
- Diagnose and solve technical issues in cooperation with specialists from other ASML departments, equipment suppliers and material vendors;
- Work with customers, vendors and colleagues on project planning, preparation, execution and after care including, evaluating, analyzing and reporting results;
- Provide support, training, and assistance to colleagues within ASML;
- Maintain close relations with relevant ASML departments to be prepared for future products, technology, analysis techniques etc.;
- Plan, execute, and document technical projects initiated within the Demo team;
- Combination of working in office and cleanroom environment;
- General administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, documentation and monthly reports.
Bachelor’s or Master’s in a technical subject such as applied physics, electronics chemistry or mechatronics.
- Experience in an IC manufacturing environment, lithography, imaging and/or overlay solutions (work, study or research) is a big plus;
- Experience in MS Office;
- Experience with customer contact/ stakeholder management.
- A proactive, hands-on mentality;
- Strong general technical background with a broad scope;
- Customer focused and solution orientated;
- Outstanding communication skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent planning skills;
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and high pace environment;
- Show initiative and the ability to work independently;
- Good English language skills (verbal and non-verbal).
Context of the position
ASML produces some of the most complex systems in the world for highly demanding customers in the fast-moving semiconductor industry. The Demo team receives our customers at Veldhoven facilities to come and see what our systems can do, and carry out run time for learning and development on new applications. The Demo team provides process and development support at both the application and operational level for customers.
The team is part of the Customer Support – Applications department. CS is responsible for the professional services, maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. Working in the Demo team gives you a unique perspective on the semiconductor industry and the broadest view on what ASML does.
As an Application Engineer in Customer Support – Applications - Demo, you’ll report directly to one of the department’s team leaders.