30+ days ago - req30244
Cymer Customer Support Engineer_Hwasung
In a nutshell
Provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems.Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
• Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
• Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites.
• Maintains an assigned installation equipment base.This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer.
• Assists customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment.
• Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities.
May provide service education to customer’s service and operations staff.
• Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
• Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required.
• Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers.
• Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
• Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.Exercises judgment within pre-defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Incumbents are still directed in several aspects of their work.However more routine and straightforward tasks are accomplished without assistance.
General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.May need to consult with higher level staff members on some technical issues. Minimum of two (2) years of experience is required.
•Minimum of one (1) year experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment experience is preferred.
• Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
• Has led one installation or significantly contributed to the successful installation of products at multiple sites.
• Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet
• Protocol, and Computer Networking.
ASIA (KOREA) SPECIFIC:
Requires an Associate’s Degree with a technical emphasis and a minimum of four (4) year of field service engineering experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field with two (2) years of field service engineering experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
• Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff.
• Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data
• Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building.
• Ability to use electronic test equipment to include spectrometers, o-scopes, etc.
• Technical ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic systems
• Ability to follow written procedures and identify out-of-specification equipment performance.
• Ability to acquire knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and trouble shooting methodologies through training.
• Must be able to successfully meet customer site access requirements such as:background checks, safety training, and cleanroom access (gowning and breathing apparatus).
• For regions - oral and written English language skills preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
• The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• May require travel dependent on business needs.
• Can work under deadlines.
• Must be able to apply hand manipulation for hand controls, and perform grasping and wrist/forearm rotation.
• May be required to climb or balance.
• Must be able to use breathing apparatus.
• Schedule may vary considerably to include evenings and weekends as well as long hours based on business needs.
• May be assigned a compressed or alternate work schedule to meet customer needs.
• May be assigned an “on call” type work schedule and may be required to respond to customers with little or no advance notice.
• The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
• Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
• Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.