30+ days ago - req30219
Intern, Electronics Design Engineer (Summer 2022)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML utilizes a variety of technologies to functionally control our lithography equipment. This functionality includes high-speed, extreme precision digital servo systems for wafer and mask positioning, robotics controllers, positioning mechanisms, photonics/sensor interface. ASML is seeking electrical engineers with strong knowledge and several years of experience in one or more of the fields described above.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The intern will work with a team of specialists. The intern will work on electrical circuits and/or performing characterization tests for electronic sub-systems.
- ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML's corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. The company has lithography research, development and manufacturing operations in Wilton, Connecticut and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training and application facilities are located in Asia, Europe and the United States. Within ASML, Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Position in the Organization:
- This internship is based in the department Electronic Development (EDEV) which is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of electronic functions and modules within the ASML lithography products.
Currently enrolled in an accredited university as a junior, senior or master's level student:
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Electrical Engineering or
- Bachelor or Master of Science, Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- College courses in electronics with focus in logic and circuit design.
Desired Skills: One or more of the following skills are desired.
Analog and Digital Design:
- Data communication theory.
- Electric circuit theory and simulation.
- Design of digital data acquisition system.
- A/D and or D/A.
- Some Digital Signal Processing (DSP) is a nice to have.
- VHDL and/or Verilog.
- Schematic capture CAD (Mentor Graphics, Cadence OrCAD, other).
- LabView programming knowledge.
- Familiarity with operation of Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, and/or Spectrum Analyzers.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability