1 day ago - req30250
Physics Design Engineer - Imaging Test and Validation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering
Do you want to contribute and participate in the integration and design verification of the most advanced ASML scanners? From First Light to High Volume Manufacturing?
Then EUV Imaging performance is where you need to be!
Within the D&E Systems Performance department, the EUV Imaging Engineer is responsible for the imaging assessment of the EUV scanner. You will be a key player in making the performance of our scanners meet our customer’s needs.
As imaging design engineer you will be responsible for:
- Predicting imaging performance of our future tools,
- Assessing, trouble-shooting and optimizing imaging performance of real scanners who have just come into existence,
- Developing advanced imaging tests to assess scanner budgets,
- Closing the scanner design V-loop and feedforward input to new scanners designs based on real data,
- Verification of scanner on customer-relevant use cases, generating proof book data of the most advanced scanners and support marketing,
- Communication with a wide range of stakeholders such as (System) engineers of various scanner components, marketing, suppliers (e.g. Zeiss), external partners (e.g. IMEC) and possibly ASML customers, and
- Travelling to customer and partners, publications and participation in conferences is a possibility
Solid technical background, MSc/PhD in e.g. Optical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics.
- Engineer with technical expert profile (>2 years of experience in R&D or other high-tech environment)
- Experience in test design with proven record
- Knowledge in design of experiment, statistics, and data analysis
- Fluent in basic programming (Python and/or MatLab, etc)
- Preferably knowledge of and experience with lithography, lithographic imaging and simulations (HyperLith, ProLith etc), as well as experience and knowledge of ASML scanner
- Out-of-the-box thinker, able to design an advanced test from scratch, analyze test results, extract valuable info (even from crappy data) and formulate conclusions and follow-up
- Eager to learn and go into depth to understand the results, able to summarize and present complex topics in an understandable fashion to different stakeholders
- Motivated, fast learner, proactive and speaks up
- Both independent researcher and team player, able to help and guide junior engineers
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, steer.
Context of the position
The Performance & Integration department is part of the Development and Engineering sector of ASML. We predict and optimize how our scanners will perform in their natural habitat: our customer’s wafer fab. We perform this task for EUV scanners.
Imaging competence will allow you to learn the basic principles of our lithographic system, to be in the heart of its development, understand contribution of various system components (aberrations, focus, dose, illumination, dynamics etc.) on the basic imaging functionality, collaborate with various functional clusters as well as our supporting competencies (resist, reticle, wafer metrology).
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.