13 days ago - req30213
Physics Design Engineer - Imaging Use Cases
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering, Mathematics
Do you want to contribute and participate in the design of most advanced ASML scanners? From assessment of imaging budgets to utilization of the scanner at Customer? Then EUV Imaging performance is where you need to be!
Within the D&E Systems Performance department, the EUV Imaging Engineer is responsible for the imaging assessment of the EUV scanner. You will be a key player in making the performance of our scanners meet our customer’s needs.
As imaging design engineer your responsibilities are to:
- Predict imaging performance for future tools
- Provide imaging design support for future tools
- Perform path finding imaging analysis to support customer roadmaps
- Support customer node transition with dedicated imaging prediction and verification by experiments
- Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders such as (system) engineers of various scanner components, marketing, suppliers (e.g. Zeiss), external partners (e.g. IMEC) and possibly customers
- Share results in clear documents and presentations
- Share skills and competences
This may involve:
- Limited travel to customers and partners (<10%)
- Participation in internal and external conferences
Solid technical background, MSc/PhD in e.g. Optical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics.
- Engineer with technical expert profile (>2 years of experience in R&D or other high-tech environment)
- Solid knowledge of statistics, and experience with exploratory data analysis and Design Of Experiments
- Knowledge of and experience with lithography, lithographic imaging and simulations (HyperLith, ProLith etc), and ASML scanners is a pre
- Strong programming skills (Python and/or MatLab, etc)
- Ability to generate and analyze large data volumes
- Potential and ambition to grow to senior engineer position
- Always striving to improve on accuracy and efficiency
- Eager to learn and go in depths to understand the physics
- Ability to extract valuable information, even from incomplete data, and formulate conclusions and follow-up
- Ability to summarize and present complex topics in an understandable fashion to different stakeholders
- Capable to operate in a dynamic project and plan based environment
- Motivated, fast learner, proactive and speaks up
- Both team player and an independent researcher, able to help and guide junior engineers
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, steer.
Context of the position
The Performance & Integration department is part of the Development and Engineering sector of ASML. We predict and optimize how our scanners will perform in their natural habitat: our customer’s wafer fab. We perform this task for EUV scanners.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Imaging competence will allow you to learn the basic principles of our lithographic system, to be in the heart of its development, understand contribution of various system components (aberrations, focus, dose, illumination, dynamics etc.) on the basic imaging functionality, collaborate with various functional clusters as well as our supporting competencies (resist, reticle, wafer metrology).