30+ days ago - req30272
Senior First Line Support Competence Engineer
In a nutshell
Physics, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
The EUV chip making system is one of THE most advanced and most complex machines in the world today. These systems will impact our lives in the future.
Looking for a challenge and opportunity to deploy your analytical power and soft skills? Do you want to become an expert in technical problem solving and want to play a key role in manufacturing these miracles?
Does this awaken your inner force, than please join our engineering team @ ASML and apply for this job!
Be in lead as a problem owner to drive technical solutions within pilot & volume production. Minimize downtime on our tools and ensure 100% quality to our customers.
You will be a 1st line engineer in troubleshooting technical problems on ASML NXE systems in Veldhoven. (3rd line during install). But not just a 1st line: our target solving power is 95%. Calibrating and testing a NXE system in manufacturing typically is done by engineers who solve the easy issues. We support these engineers in case of difficult issues.
- Deliver technical support to contribute to rapid solutions of complex technical issues.
- Arrange proper follow up to minimize impact on cycle time.
- Prevent disturbances from re-occurring by feeding issue resolution in cooperation with Manufacturing Engineering and Design&Engineering.
- Enable self-supportiveness of the 1st line by knowledge sharing.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
BA / MSc / PhD technical degree
Metrology, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics, Biomechanics, Mathematics
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably with trouble-shooting: analyzing problem, finding root cause and solution.
- Preferable3-7 years of proven work experience in analysis of complex problems.
- Experience with production and engineering, project management skills.
- Recent graduate also possible if at least affinity with production and trouble shooting
- Team player and flexible
- Good social and communication skills, broad technical and business knowledge, strong analytical mind
- Pragmatic attitude; very active, plenty of initiative
- High sense of responsibility and devotion; cope with stress
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills in speech and writing.
This position requires working in the shifts system.
Our Manufacturing and Planning (M&P) department assembles, builds and delivers all our systems from the prototype stage onwards. It also supports the installation of completed systems at customer sites.
But each new generation of systems brings new manufacturing challenges, so sometimes Manufacturing’s job of putting it all together includes taking the machine apart and rethinking it. Our colleagues in M&P need a thorough understanding of the parts that make up a system and the ability to identify potential bottlenecks. See this page https://www.asml.com/en/company/about-asml/organization
Context of the position
The EUV Factory is responsible for both production and installation of NXE and EXE systems.
Most technical issues (80%) are solved by the work-centers (self-reliance). 20% is too difficult to solve by generalists and is escalated to specialists: the FLS support engineers. FLS has 10 competences and a solving power of ~95%. FLS consists of engineering groups with a Group Lead each.
Interested? Please apply with your CV and motivation.