You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req30203
Team Leader Mechanical System Layout
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you enjoy having a broad full system scope, and if you have a strong drive in improving the manufacturability and serviceability of a system by smart layout solutions and steering a team of driven engineers, then this function might fit you perfectly.
Coach, organize and grow a team (10-15 FTE) in order to validate and define the mechanical system layout of the machine. Secure with that our machines can be manufactured and serviced in an efficient and robust way, keeping an eye on timing and quality of the deliveries of the team. Support feasibility and concepts studies on new hardware that will be added to the machine with the team.
- Maintain overview of the system layout studies and manage budgets for volume, mass, tolerances, seismic, and installation in order to find solutions for functionality and module changes. Manage the team on these deliveries w.r.t. quality, timing and team spirit.
- Support line manager on coaching, training, appraisals, future workload assessments
- Support, organize structural WoW improvements related to the competencies
- Willing and able to become competence leader of at least one of the domains (e.g. Volume management, mass management, tolerance management).
- Represent the team performance towards project organization, including sharing a future oriented mindset.
Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in validating layout machines or complex products (like cars, aerospace)
- At least 7 years working experience in related field
- Experience with Siemens NX (preferred)
- Experience with tolerance calculations
- Experience in coaching, managerial competences preferred.
- Strong communicator. Easily cooperates with other projects and disciplines
- Critical on design solutions (of others). High drive for quality & able to motivate
- Pro-active attitude in getting the information (regular go to clean room, talk to people in projects)
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Good analytical skills. Works structured.
Context of the position
You will be part of the Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team doesn’t deliver hardware themselves, but has an overall responsibility during the whole V-cycle, that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
To be completed