30+ days ago - req30390
Data Protection Officer (Berliner Glas) / Regional Privacy Business Partner
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you experienced in leading privacy programs, familiar with the challenges of a global environment and able to communicate effectively across all levels?If so, this position will offer you the opportunity to put to use as well as enlarge your expertise in the field!
This position is based in Berlin. We ask you to apply via the BERLINER GLAS vacancy website. Please use the following link: Data Protection Officer Berliner Glas
ASML has acquired Berliner Glas Group (1.600 people) in November 2020 and with that acquisition combined the unique technology and capabilities of Berliner Glas Group and ASML's scale, both in R&D and manufacturing. Since the time of the acquisition a cross-sectoral team is staffed up to ensure a smooth integration of Berliner Glas (BG) in the ASML family. A Privacy workstream is part of this, driving to harmonize and integrate policies and practices.
As Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) for ASML Germany, you will be involved "properly and in a timely manner in all issues which relate to the protection of personal data" and will be responsible for independently carry out the DPO tasks set out in the applicable laws and regulations. As Privacy Business Partner you will lead the implementation of global ASML privacy practice in a Berlin based ASML organization. You will lead local Privacy Program(s), build awareness on compliance requirements and promote best practice.
You will report hierarchically into the ASML Berlin Site Manager and functionally into the ASML Chief Privacy Officer, based in the Netherlands.
- Act as independent Data Protection Officer for ASML Germany, exercising the tasks set out in GDPR and applicable privacy laws/regulations
- Manage the Privacy stream of the ASML/Berliner Glas integration project
- Support local ASML organizations in the implementation of the ASML Privacy Compliance Framework
- Lead the local implementation of the ASML Binding Corporate Rules, when approved
- Review local data processing practices, and advise local management on complex data protection best practices through consistent analysis, feedback, and follow-through
- Analyze and evaluate compliance with relevant local data protection requirements
- Identify and maintain a map of local privacy risks, through the local execution of Privacy Assessments (i.e. DPIA)
- Represent locally the ASML Privacy Office in day-to-day activities with liaising with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. Works Council, Legal, Security, HR, Data Protection Authorities) in order to promptly address the rapid response and remediation over local Personal Data protection requirements / issues / concerns / incidents
- Develop Privacy controls and support embedding such controls in the local ASML business processes
- Lead local Privacy Programs / Projects, build and execute local awareness program
- Team up with local teams in order to identify, investigate and – when necessary – report over Personal Data Breaches
- Handle local Privacy Rights Requests (i.e. DSARs)
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Trained by the ‘’Berufsverband der Datenschutzschutzbeauftragten BvD’’ or the ‘’TüV Süd’’ is preferred
- At least 8 years of experience in the role of Privacy Officer / Data Protection Officer
- Excellent understanding and strong experience on Privacy related matters
- Excellent understanding and strong experience with the GDPR and BDSG (Federal German Protection Act)
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills. Fluency in English and German is required
-Strong business orientation and flexibility
- International outlook and affinity for creativity and innovative outlook
- Excellent analytic skills and operational motivation
- Knowledge of Privacy Laws and regulations, Labor laws and HR-related legislations as well as genuine interest in further developing that expertise
- Team-spirit, collaboration skills and ability to connect people and gain trust
- Autonomy and ability to organize and prioritize and high workload
Context of the position
The ASML Privacy Office is part of the ASML Privacy Practice, based on a dual-layers organization, composed by the Privacy Office itself and by the Privacy Network. The ASML Privacy Office acts as focal point for all the privacy and personal data protection matters within the company and has the main duties to:
- define the Privacy strategy and framework, leading and overseeing its group-wide implementation,
- advise management on privacy and personal data protection related risks (i.e. through DPIAs),
- define privacy controls / actions and monitor their implementation,
- define and monitor the privacy awareness program,
- handle privacy related requests and personal data breaches,
- launch and coordinating specific special programs and projects.
The pending approval of ASML’s Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs), relating to the international transfer of data, will expand the scope of the personal data protection legal requirements to other regions and additional stakeholders (employees and business partners) in these regions.
This is a full-time position (40 hours). Working part-time can be discussed in case you're available for at least 32 hours. Occasional travel may be required for performing your job.
Interested? Please apply with your CV and cover letter in English, detailing your motivation for taking up this role.Please use the following link: Data Protection Officer Berliner Glas