27 days ago - req30334
Design Engineer Position Sensors (Physics / Mechanical Engineering)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Sub-nanometer positioning of the wafer stage and the reticle stage in our ASML machines is enabled by stage position sensors. We are looking for a designer who can contribute to the realization of these sensors.
The Stage Position Measurement (SPM) group within the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for interferometer and encoder based position measurement systems for wafer stages and reticle stages. We contribute to new product introductions (NPI) and Installed Base Products & Services (IBPS) in the DUV business line.
For newly developed systems we are responsible for the specification, design, integration and qualification of our position measurement systems. These developments are done in close cooperation with measurement system suppliers outside of ASML.
For the installed base systems in our factory and at our customers we are solving structural issues and delivering design improvements. Our team is also handling complex customer issues transferred from customer support to development.
We're searching for an engineer to strengthen our SPM DUV team. You will be involved in all phases of our product design: from feasibility, development and integration to supporting our installed base.
- You will improve the accuracy, throughput and reliability of our interferometer and encoder based optical position measurement systems by:
- Improving the interferometer and encoder designs together with our suppliers.
- Improving complex algorithms in our drivers and calibrations together with our software teams.
- Improving our electronics and mechanical designs together with dedicated electronics and mechanics development teams.
- You will run tests on our Twinscan systems to investigate improvements and to qualify deliveries. You will use Matlab to analyze data and calculate the impact of improvements.
- You like to investigate complex issues related to our measurement systems and work together with other ASML teams to define containments and structural solutions.
- You will be working in a young, enthusiastic team with a nice atmosphere, where we also pay attention to non-work related activities.
University, Master in Physics or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 7 years development experience
- Experience with optical sensor development or more specifically interferometers
- Strong in mathematics
- Matlab for data analysis and simulation
- Team player
- Pragmatic with result oriented attitude
- Takes the initiative
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent command of English language
- Can adapt quickly to changing scope and/or circumstances
Context of the position
The Sensors department is responsible for the development and maintenance of complex sensors in the ASML systems. Examples of our sensors are the position measurement systems of the wafer stage and the reticle stage, the level sensor which measures a vertical map of the wafer and image sensors which measure the position and quality of the projected image.
To be completed